THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Idaho man wins bighorn lottery tag raised a record $185,000 for sheep conservation

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho man wins bighorn lottery tag raised a record $185,000 for sheep conservation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.einnews.com/pr_new...r-sheep-conservation

Idaho man wins bighorn lottery tag that raised a record $185,000 for sheep conservation

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Idaho Fish and Game
July 30, 2020, 23:00 GMT

For the Meridian hunter whose ticket was pulled for the 29th Annual Bighorn Sheep Tag Lottery, the winning ticket represents the hunt of a lifetime. For Idaho Fish and Game, it means more than $185,000 in funding to benefit wild sheep conservation in Idaho.

Aaron Neilson was the lucky winner of the 2020 Bighorn Sheep Tag Lottery. The Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation held the drawing outside the MK Nature Center in Boise on July 29. Neilson was among about 1,500 hunters from across the nation who bought a total of nearly 19,000 entries.

This year's lottery raised a record of about $185,000. Revenue from the bighorn lottery tag has been trending upward in recent years after a record in 2018 of $114,531, and this year’s receipts are more than double the five-year average of $78,619.

The lottery tag is offered under a partnership between Fish and Game and the Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation, which has hosted the bighorn lottery since 1992. In the 29 years that the Foundation has hosted the lottery, it has provided nearly $1.6 million to Fish and Game for bighorn sheep conservation.

In recent years, the proceeds have helped Fish and Game with monitoring disease in bighorn sheep populations, preventing interaction between bighorn sheep and domestic sheep, and improving relationships between sportsmen and private landowners.

The Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation is a non-profit organization formed to enhance wild sheep populations in Idaho, and with partners in adjacent states, for public enjoyment, education, and fair chase hunting, and to promote professional wildlife management, and protect sportsmen's rights.

The Idaho Wild Sheep was founded in 1982 by two dozen concerned sportsmen who wanted to put more bighorns on Idaho’s mountains. From that core group, many of which are still very active on the board and committees, the organization has grown to a thriving group with over 600 members.

For more information please contact the Idaho WSF office at 208-345-6171 or visit their website at www.idahowildsheep.org

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it’s better to be lucky!

Aaron seems to draw more tags than the average bear! Assuming it’s the same guy...

Posts: 10571 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Aaron!

With all you've done for hunting, plus your extreme commitment to it, this tag is well deserved.

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Aaron, great congratulations to you

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, That sounds a little shady there partner. Big Grin

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1097 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Aaron, after drawing the Idaho super tag last year and now the Bighorn tag, I’m wondering what your magic formula is. Congratulations on beating exceptionally long odds in back to back years!

I had a friend, Kern Chew, who was the raffle winner of the very first two Mexican Desert Sheep tags FNAWS ever raffled off. He drew in back to back years, even though he only bought one ticket the 2nd year. You must be a nephew of his.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Aaron! Happy hunting.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is very cool. I guess you can't win if you don't play...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope he kills a new record ram. Go get’em.

Posts: 10793 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear one of 'our guys' got the ticket.

Just has me wondering how many chance's he bought and what they all cost.

All goes to a great cause regardless.

Best wishes toward getting a big 'un!
Hope you'll post a report with pictures once it's done.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Aaron, after drawing the Idaho super tag last year and now the Bighorn tag, I’m wondering what your magic formula is. Congratulations on beating exceptionally long odds in back to back years!

I had a friend, Kern Chew, who was the raffle winner of the very first two Mexican Desert Sheep tags FNAWS ever raffled off. He drew in back to back years, even though he only bought one ticket the 2nd year. You must be a nephew of his.

Thanks friends...pretty excited about the sheep tag for sure.

I hate to say it DLS...but I won another Idaho elk super tag this year too Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
So cool! Keep us posted on your prep and the hunt too!

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Ive been on the local banquet committee for NWTF and Freinds of the NRA for years.

People do win things by buying one ticket.

Mostly, those that spend a good bit of money on raffle tickets are the ones who win the prizes.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your special elk as well

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
We can now call him the Idaho Man.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congrats Aaron. Gotta apply to win!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Congrats Contact Glen Landrus https://www.linkedin.com/in/glen-landrus-b680a690

Posts: 2326 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote