The Accurate Reloading Forums
Chased a bear up a tree this morning

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/4041001362

02 December 2020, 19:09
p dog shooter
Chased a bear up a tree this morning
I was out for my morning walk with my muzzleloader this morning. It was a nice 4 degrees F this morning.

It is muzzleloader season and I do have a doe tag to fill if I want.

I was hiking down a logging road at about a 4 mph pace talking on my phone with my brother.

I saw a bear about a 100 yards away standing in the middle of the road.

I told my brother there is a bear. Only black bears where I live.

As I continued walking I neared the place where the bear ran into the woods. At that point there is a good size white pine about 40 inches across the stump a 100 foot high.

The bear was standing with it's front paws on the tree about 30 yards away. I yelled and woofed a couple of times and the bear started to climb.

I woofed at it the, bear it hurried up the tree about 25 feet.

I stood then taking a couple of pictures for a bit. I estimated it's weight about 150 pounds

I then continued on my walk.
02 December 2020, 19:24
Grizzly Adams1
Talking on a phone in bear country is just plain stupid . Leave the fucking thing at home for once. Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
02 December 2020, 20:01
Big Wonderful Wyoming
He is just teasing you.

Of course there are no brown bears in Wisconsin.
03 December 2020, 16:58
Bill/Oregon
I love seeing black bears.
Here's one I surprised on my way up the mountain to hunt deer one morning in Southern Oregon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...k4I&feature=youtu.be

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
04 December 2020, 04:17
p dog shooter
I like seeing bears also this one would be the 14th I have seen this year.
05 December 2020, 20:37
TREE 'EM
It's funny how bears seem to know when the season is and if you have a tag in your pocket or not.
I've had several over the years just before and just after the season let me walk right up to them or vice versa. I can recall a few times we met bears walking to us on logging roads while leading 3-4 hounds and packing a bear. 2 of the three just jumped up the nearest tree until we passed and the other just walked in the brush and came out on the road behind us.

All We Know Is All We Are