New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be careful out there
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the nitwits that chained themselves to horse trailers in protest of the bison hunt in MT.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Be careful out there

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think that we should do our best to ignore these "threats".

The truth is that these gutless fools want us to react to their threats/vandalism. They feel powerless to stop hunting, yet they are too timid to actually carry out any of their threats.

These anonymous threats have been made against hunters for a long time and I don't know of anyone actually being hurt. You are more likely to be hurt or injured in an accident than to be hurt by these wackos.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. But it doesn’t take much courage to flatten the tires on a hunters truck when no one is around.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
Yes. But it doesn’t take much courage to flatten the tires on a hunters truck when no one is around.

BH63

True, but how often does that happen?

My point is that these fools make a lot of noise and want to get a lot of attention(including a reaction from us). But in the end it all seems to be little more than noise.

I don't agree with Ted Nugent on everything, but he has it right when it comes to sesponding to the stacks of threats he receives against himself and his family. Ted says something to the effect of "I'm not hard to find. Come and get me."

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone needs to hang back in the woods watching over hunters vehicles

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think some are missing the point I was attempting to make.

Apparently, these jack asses are not beyond doing things like sabotaging stands. I would be very careful . Imagine climbing into stand only to have it fall due to the actions of these people.

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think that we should do our best to ignore these "threats".

I think we should do our best to BE AWARE of these "threats", but not necessarily change our ways because of them. As rural states like Montana continue to attract more liberals you will likely see more of these incidents in less likely areas. I think anyone encountering suspicious events while hunting should consider "If you see something, say something", even if it is not something that caused significant personal injury or property damage.

As for your question - We had a waterfowl hunting parking area in NY that one day for several years in a row the tires on every vehicle in the lot got slashed. Every year, groups intentionally "bait" popular public duck hunting areas with corn just prior to the season to prevent legal hunting from occurring in that area. There is little question that these are the work of some anti-hunting organizations. The ALF (Animal Liberation Front), one of the most well known anti groups, is a designated domestic terrorism organization that has committed crimes including arsons that have resulted in well over $100 million damage in the past 25 years.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the report says the organization [ALF] took credit for the vandalism.
why haven't they been charged with the crimes they committed.
I'm sure a couple of months in jail and some reparation money might get some of the organizers to re-think their members actions.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
the report says the organization [ALF] took credit for the vandalism.
why haven't they been charged with the crimes they committed.
I'm sure a couple of months in jail and some reparation money might get some of the organizers to re-think their members actions.

Feds should charge them with domestic terrorism.
That’s what curbed them after 911. Apparently they’ve forgotten the lesson

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
A couple of hidden trail cameras around the blinds would help.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
They had trail cameras. They found and trash those too.
Son in law had three lug nuts on both rear wheels loosened a couple of weeks ago. Found it by working on his brakes later that weekend.
Our nation is falling into the vitriolic drain hole of anger.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I think some are missing the point I was attempting to make.

Apparently, these jack asses are not beyond doing things like sabotaging stands. I would be very careful . Imagine climbing into stand only to have it fall due to the actions of these people.

An excellent argument for hunting leased or private land. Then them just being there can result in charges.

Posts: 5697 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote