THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    American Rescue Plan Provides Critical Support for U.S.F.W.S. Programs

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Rescue Plan Provides Critical Support for U.S.F.W.S. Programs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.fws.gov/news/ShowN...-fish-and-&_ID=36862

Press Release

American Rescue Plan Provides Critical Support for U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Programs
Relief package will benefit wildlife-related pandemic initiatives

March 12, 2021
Contact(s):
publicaffairs@fws.gov

The American Rescue Plan (ARP) signed by President Biden March 12, 2021, invests $105 million to help the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and our partners address pandemic-related impacts to wildlife. The funds will support work to prevent future pandemics by combating wildlife trafficking and addressing wildlife diseases that could impact the health and welfare of communities across the nation and around the globe.

“The Service serves on the front lines of the nation’s response to halting wildlife trafficking and to better understanding and preventing wildlife diseases that could lead to global pandemics such as COVID-19,” said Service Principal Deputy Director Martha Williams. “We stand ready to deploy these critical funds to amplify our existing work to protect the American people and cherished wildlife resources at home and abroad.”

This unprecedented investment will enable the Service to enhance efforts including:

$20 million for wildlife inspections, interdictions, investigations and related activities and for efforts to address wildlife trafficking.
$30 million for the care of captive species listed under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, for the care of rescued and confiscated wildlife, and for the care of federal trust species in facilities experiencing lost revenues due to COVID-19.
$45 million for research and extension activities to strengthen early detection, rapid response and science-based management to address wildlife disease outbreaks before they become pandemics. The funds also will help strengthen capacity for wildlife health monitoring to enhance early detection of diseases that have the capacity to jump the species barrier and pose a risk in the United States, including the development of a national wildlife disease data base.
$10 million to carry out provisions related to restrictions on trade in injurious species and illegal wildlife trade under the Lacey Act Amendments of 1981.
The Interior Department and the Service continue to work with federal, state, local, Tribal and territorial governments, public health officials, health care providers, researchers and the public to execute a whole-of-government response to the COVID-19 pandemic to protect the health and safety of the American people. More information can be found here: https://www.doi.gov/pressrelea...american-rescue-plan

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
So 50% income tax then?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of worthless pork.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of that money will filter down to the tribes, Federal research for global warming, the CDC and other environmental projects( read no hunting) . Very little will be relegated to the states for wildlife management.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It’ll feed bureaucracy

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote