One of Us
posted
Who has hunting plans in the works?
Where and for what? Just thought it would be a fun chance
to hear peoples plans and get fired up.

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colorado 3rd season with one of my sons. He'll be hunting deer/elk. I'll be glassing and packing for him. Can't wait. Will be doing a little local deer hunting with my sons in the mean time. How about yourself?
Scott

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Archery is on for whitetails where I am but it is too hot for me to enjoy hunting yet. I need it to feel and look like fall before I head out.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooting dove at 6pm this evening.
Jalapenos, cream cheese and bacon in the frig for Tuesday dinner!

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree on the heat. I am mostly bowhunting whitetails
this fall too. Saving other resources for an africa trip next spring!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saving other resources for an africa trip next spring!

Lucky you!

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We missed our annual safari last year because of the Chink Virus.

Going later this month.

You can keep up with all then shenanigan's on the African Hunting Forum.

Got two new comers this year.

Friends from Sweden.

They love hunting, and have been at it for years hunting moose and other species there.

Never been to Africa before, and I am having a great time telling them things about hunting the dark continent.

Not everything is true, but, nothing is going to get in the way of having a good laugh!

Will update this with our daily reports

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66729 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Already helped a friend with a successful California bighorn hunt, leaving in a couple weeks with my brother for an bull elk hunt, Mule deer hunt for me in November and off to South Africa in June with a few family members. Hunting chuckers and ducks with my shorthair and lab in-between these hunts.

Retirement is great.

Posts: 85 | Location: The oasis of Nevada | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nevadaj:
Already helped a friend with a successful California bighorn hunt, leaving in a couple weeks with my brother for an bull elk hunt, Mule deer hunt for me in November and off to South Africa in June with a few family members. Hunting chuckers and ducks with my shorthair and lab in-between these hunts.

Retirement is great.

THAT IS FABULOUS!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's like 50 during the day and about 26-27 at night here in the Valley.

doves are 20 days ago long gone and there isn't enough snow on top of the hills to move the Grouse down just yet.

ain't decided whether to go to the Mule deer spot 5 miles away, the one 15 miles away or the one 9 miles away yet.
just waiting to see what the weather is gonna look like.

Elk hunting will probably suck with 3 plus foot of snow covering the frozen mud by then.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
Think it's just Texas deer for me this year. No elk tag in the draws, can't make a Colorado OTC hunt work, and my buddy who has a great muley tag in NM has decided to move up to the northeast and eat the tag.

The freeze killed all our local birds to dove hunting has been non-existent.

Think I'm looking at picking up a cancellation hunt of some sort or maybe buying a NM cow elk at this point.

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lamar,

I have to say I am jealous you live that close to
mule deer hunting opportunites!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just adding up the next 8 weeks:

1- Antelope with the wife Wyo
2- Sage grouse Ut
3- Antelope with the girls Wyo
4- Pheasant with a couple buds SD
5- Deer hunt with grandson Ut
6- Desert sheep with cousin Ut
7- Whatever tag isn't filled.
8- Ducks, pheasant, deer Nebraska

Already did Spring bear and then antelope hunt in Montana this year and managed 3 dove trips in Ut with excellent results. Very unusual that they're still here. About 50% Eurasian and 50% mourning

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leaving in 3 weeks to hunt with a rancher friend of mine in Buffalo, Wy. Always a great time. Getting a deer is a bonus. Running out of room in my house.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375er:
Lamar,

I have to say I am jealous you live that close to
mule deer hunting opportunites!

don't be too jealous the hunting ain't that good and we got too many out of state hunters clogging up all the dirt roads.

I was out today rolling around just goofing off and doing some grouse hunting here and there all the ''high country'' campgrounds are about 70% full, it's also about 70% out of state plates.

I seen 5 deer all afternoon [and a herd of Elk down on some private property right at dark] so I hope they are enjoying themselves up there.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I’ll be heading to the Thumb of Michigan for the 11/15 deer opener. Have two friends who live there who I’ve hunted with for many years.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
Got a velvet mulie sep 5th here in CO.

Have a first rifle tag in unit 76 for elk.

Probably make a trip to TN for some whitetails in december.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
It's already going for us! I killed a nilgai in Texas in July, my son successfully hunted oryx back in August here in New Mexico, and my daughter just finished an alligator hunt in Texas last weekend. We have made it out a few times for doves and killed enough for a good cookout.

I'm up next with a bull elk (muzzleloader) hunt in October, then the two younger kids again in November with a youth deer hunt, followed by a youth javelina hunt in January (and February and March). I will get to join them in February when the adult javelina hunt starts. Mix in a few outings for quail and plenty of predator calling and I hope to have a pretty full fall.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who have replied so far!
I always think it is great to hear others plans at the
beginning of prime season!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With me shoot I filled my archery buck tag. Chasing elk around tomorrow morning then if I don't connect I'll start up the Husqvarna and get firewood. It's the last weekend for bow hunting here in eastern Oregon. Next week is buck rifle I believe. So alot of out of downers will be here in Burns Oregon

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out of towners I meant. Damn phone

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's Friday night again. Good luck everyone!

In my woods we have felt a bit of autumn weather with some nights in the high 40'sF. I am still not ready to do much hunting yet. I have seen a few nice younger bucks on my cameras but my freezer space will barely have room for one animal at this point so I may end up opting out of archery season 'here' and waiting for the firearms opener in November. That's because I generally do not see the mature males moving until the rut.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Ann: I’ll be hunting near your old stomping grounds in Michigan come November 15. My buddy has 17 different bucks on trailcams and I can’t wait to hit the woods. I’ll think of you as I head north on M-53 near Inlay City.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Going to hunt Gemsbok and other exotics in Texas next week. After that is all in family freezers, some hog hunting for sport and pork.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Returned last week from our Colorado trip.It was a successful hunt.My son shot his first deer, and luck was with us, and shot his first elk.Had a great time being with him and helping him out.Hope everyones had a great time getting out this season,I know I did and didn't even pull the trigger this year. Now time to start planning for next year.
Scott

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Aoudad for me, pigs and a doe for my nephews first hunt. He’s hooked! Was a good week.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
Ann: I’ll be hunting near your old stomping grounds in Michigan come November 15. My buddy has 17 different bucks on trailcams and I can’t wait to hit the woods. I’ll think of you as I head north on M-53 near Inlay City.

Bud, I was up to visit my mother Thanksgiving week in Lapeer Co. I didn't hunt but saw plenty of deer. Hope you got some!

~Ann