THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    $70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is an obituary with the same name. However, it is from Missouri.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
There is an obituary with the same name. However, it is from Missouri.

That sucks...

Posts: 2091 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the time to read through 31 pages to see what was posted to make me think this character was dead. At this point, I do not think he is dead. However, I do not know that with certainty.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish I had the time to read through 31 pages to see what was posted to make me think this character was dead. At this point, I do not think he is dead. However, I do not know that with certainty.

to my release the Doctor that was incharge of my case set me down and told me that I had "End Stage Liver Disease" and that it was in fact terminal and I could live anywhere from six months to two years., I find myself there now at the end of the first year having been taken to the Hospital (3) three times with very serious blood levels or bleeds and I did not think that I would ever see the light of day again on each visit. I am living in the Kingman area staying in a house that my sister has leased for me and I am in an inhouse Hospice program that began in May of 2010 (Records Available).

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did take a look. Someone posted that LH died but there was no documentation or reference.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did take a look. Someone posted that LH died but there was no documentation or reference.

Still according to his own word he would have been dead 4-5 years ago, but it must have been a miracle because he´s liver is now "ok".

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With a couple of hundred thousand client dollars one could get a lot of medical care.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
https://www.myrelatives.com/d/...EATHINGTON/116115130 - Lists his phone number and a PO Box in Parks, AZ

and

https://www.myrelatives.com/d/l-heathington/877274469 - Lists the same phone number with a street in Casa Grande, AZ

and

https://www.myrelatives.com/d/...eathington/116115128 - Lists a physical address at 800 Ethington but doesn't say if it is N. Ethington Rd or S. Ethington Rd.

and

Page 31 of the current Dex phone book lists him at N Ethington Rd and with the same phone number in the above listings - http://www.dexpages.com/guide/...de/White_Pages/1.php

GoogleEarth show nothing but fields where 800 N Ethington Rd would be but it does show a house at 800 S Ethington Rd.

Spokeo confirms the address is on S Ethington Rd. - http://www.spokeo.com/AZ/Casa-...e/800-S-Ethington-Rd

If someone has been dead a couple of years why would they have a currently listed address and phone number in the phone book?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If someone has been dead a couple of years why would they have a currently listed address and phone number in the phone book?

Maybe he's a Obama voter.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
quote:

Maybe he's a Obama voter.

That's a good one, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting a little far down.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bump

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was on some outfitter's (I can't remember which one) Facebook page last week and there was a Larry Heathington posting on a sheep thread.

EDIT: This Larry H. was in AZ.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of us have looked. The Larry Heathington obituary that was seen was from another state. Missouri I think.

After looking at this guys FB page, I think it is highly likely that he is alive.

I think the victims were out of their element. I do not see how Heathington stayed out of jail.

Let me remind everyone that the family here was not the only victim. There were several others. One of those victims mortgaged his home to pay for the trip. At some point, this became a pattern.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A couple of us have looked. The Larry Heathington obituary that was seen was from another state. Missouri I think.

After looking at this guys FB page, I think it is highly likely that he is alive.

I think the victims were out of their element. I do not see how Heathington stayed out of jail.

Let me remind everyone that the family here was not the only victim. There were several others. One of those victims mortgaged his home to pay for the trip. At some point, this became a pattern.

Outdoor Writer called him a friend; maybe he knows.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW if you punch in "Larry Heathington obituary" on google there is a obit for same in Parks, Az in 2012. Could be fake, I dunno.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the original contract looked like in this case after reading Cal's Thread!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7572 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
FWIW if you punch in "Larry Heathington obituary" on google there is a obit for same in Parks, Az in 2012. Could be fake, I dunno.

It is interesting that there is another Larry Heathington who died in another state on the same date. However, for this other LH, it gives a lot of details. Funeral home, where he died, etc. The AZ LH obituary give nothing except dates.

I have to wonder.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Really is odd, same dates for birth and death, but the one is Mo. has a life story, which wouldn't seem to match "our" LH. I suppose anything is possible, but the odds of this being two different individuals with same dates, same relatively unusual names would have to be phenomenally high. It does make one wonder.......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
OTOH, searching further, there is an ACTIVE facebook page for OUR LH, and he is currently posting from Kingman, Az according to his page.

https://www.facebook.com/larry.heathington

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Really is odd, same dates for birth and death, but the one is Mo. has a life story, which wouldn't seem to match "our" LH. I suppose anything is possible, but the odds of this being two different individuals with same dates, same relatively unusual names would have to be phenomenally high. It does make one wonder.......

Yup

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLAIR WORLDWIDE:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Got postcard ad from Blair and it reminded to check the position of this thread.

Quit hiding behind the erroneous thread. How about identifying yourself - Name, Address, Phone Number, so we can start civil action against you for Liable and or Liable by innuendo.

Blair Worldwide Enterprises Inc.
Jeff Blair
CEO

That attitude should win you some new clients to take advantage of. cuckoo

What a piece of work.. pinocchio

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. It took a real genius to come on here and stir things up again. Speaks volumes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Liable and or Liable by innuendo"......lol

Am I wrong for thinking that anyone representing oneself in a professional capacity should at least know how to spell or, if not, use spellcheck?

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I laugh my ass off every time he uses "liable".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I laugh my ass off every time he uses "liable".

LOL! I wonder if the dude "gradiated" from first grade!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

posted Hide Post
The obit you see from Parks Arizona is bogus, the one in Missouri not the same LH. The LH that ripped off all the hunters is alive and living in an assisted living facility in Kingman Arizona, alcohol has taken its toll. His sister just recently passed away of cancer and her was at her funeral.

Posts: 10 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: 17 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thank you very much for this bit of information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a client come in yesterday and I was telling him about my dall sheep hunt. He told me that Larry was taking his wife on a mule deer hunt this fall. I said I thought he was dead. He said he looks like shit but is still going. Also he told me he just got done with a sheep hunt.

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe the guy did not go to jail.

posted Hide Post
Its unbelievable to me that anyone would book any kind of a hunt with him, he is not physically capable and my bet is he is scamming money knowing that he got away with it once for hundreds of thousands of dollars..his bankruptcy is public record, so figures he can do it again. He should have gone to jail.

Posts: 10 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: 17 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know which bankruptcy court Heathington filed in? Might be interesting to read the filing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know which bankruptcy court Heathington filed in? Might be interesting to read the filing.

I don't know Larry.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to find the filing. More important things things to do.

I will try those in AZ. I still think this guy should have ended up in jail.

One of Us
Picture of 35whelenman
posted Hide Post
31 pages is a lot for anyone to read. Any chance of a quick summary of why this particular incident rates almost 6 years of perpetuation?

Has Jeff Blair been involved in any other scams? Or is this one bad mistake that no one is willing to move past?

Genuinely curious, no opinion one way or the other.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head:

1- Sons decide to buy father a desert big horn hunt.

2- Sons enlist the services of BWW.

3-BWW brings Sheep Unlimited aka Larry Heathington to the table.

4- A deposit is made.

5- At some point thereafter Heathington exhibits some bizarre behavior including disappearing and failing to show for hunts. This was fairly well known in the industry.

6- Sons pay balance due. BWW remits to Heathington.

7- Hunt never takes place.

8- BWW refuses to return their commission.

9- Heathington hosed others around the same time. I do not recall if these were BWW clients or not. At least one mortgaged his home to go on this hunt.

10-BWW threatened the family with litigation if they continued pursuing and posting on AR.

11- BWW threatened some AR members with litigation for "liable". He clearly does not know how to spell nor what constitutes libel.

12- Heathington made it appear that he is dead. In fact, he is alive. Apparently, a raging alcoholic.

13-I have been contacted by someone who knows the situation and knows Heathington. This person provided me with some information which I am not at liberty to disclose. Let me put it this way, Heathington made certain warranties to BWW without any documentation. While these made BWW feel more confident, the warranties were total lies. This person still feels that BWW was wrong.

I did quite a bit of research into this matter in the past. As I recall, which may be wrong, there was other civil litigation against BWW but not a lot.

Again all of this is off the top of my head. I have not gone back to verify my recollections.