THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    $70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I just got my first call ever on my cell phone from an outfitter; it was Blair Worldwide.

I called back and told them to remove me from their list and asked how they got it, no answer to that one.

I told them I read AR and that was why it was a waste of my time and their time to call me again.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Just received a call from a Blair's salesperson wanting to know if they could help me with my hunting trips.

I asked about the reports concerning a Mexico sheep hunt and was referred here to get the true story and Mr. Blair's rebuttal.

Interesting, to say the least.

Judge:

Blair's office referred you to this site? The guy must be delusional if he thinks this thread somehow exonerates him.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had calls to my work cell phone, home phone and office phone, emails, and post cards to my home. Not all of these are listed on public records.

Never follow a bad move with a stupid move.

Posts: 217 | Location: Clute, TX USA | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
coffee

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh great, now I'm getting e-mails and phone calls. The guy who leaves a message sounds like a siding salesman.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Oh great, now I'm getting e-mails and phone calls. The guy who leaves a message sounds like a siding salesman.

+1

'Have received several e-mails and got my first call at the house today. Caller ID is one gadget that can definitely be categorized as "progress".

As Saeed has posted, any company that advertises that much is to be avoided.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bringing it to the top...

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Over 59,000 views.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I bet those douche bags Blair and Heathington got coal in their stockings

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sense much fun to be had at thier booth at SCI.

I figure i can talk it up and cost them at least 30-60 minutes of thier lives they will never get back.

Cool

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1026 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe they will have a canned statement printed out for all the people who stop by their booth to ask about this thread.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
There is a very simple way of persuading nasty companies of stopping to call your phones.

Get a phone dialler software, install it in your computer, get a prepaid SIM card, use an old mobile phone with this SIM card in it, connect it to your computer, set the software to dial the company's number every 30 seconds, non-stop.

Their switboard will be jammed clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
There is a man with a great idea! yuck

Posts: 5697 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If you wish to stop a company sending faxes, despite asking them to stop.

Get a fax software, and from your computer, send them a fax with a large .exe file.

Microsoft Word.exrks great.

They will get literally hundreds of pages off their fax machine with nothing on them except a few letters on each page clap

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
If you wish to stop a company sending faxes, despite asking them to stop.

Get a fax software, and from your computer, send them a fax with a large .exe file.

Microsoft Word.exrks great.

They will get literally hundreds of pages off their fax machine with nothing on them except a few letters on each page clap

I'll get you Blair's phone and fax numbers Big Grin

This really is pure genius!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
Now that seems to be the way it should be. I can't think offhand of any other industry where it's standard practice to pay months in advance of actually receiving the service.

All money paid in advance is just asking for something bad to happen

With business practices, AKA "business as usual" practices like this, it is amazing this industry does not have more people ripping off clients....

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
...just asking for something bad to happen.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure how anyone cannot believe that Jeff Blair aka BWW, is most instrumental in this scam. He absolutely knew of Heathingtons' "problems" when he took the second payment. If Blair had been an ethical agent, he would never have taken the money, let alone pass it on.

I wished I had the money to go to the SCI show, and to book a hunt. I would bring Aaron and Ann over and book a hunt right in front of Blairs' lying face.

Later....

Posts: 100 | Location: Edmonton & Wabasca, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope that everyone has a prosperous year, except Blair of course.

Posts: 3061 | Registered: 06 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AK Dave:
I hope that everyone has a prosperous year, except Blair of course.

clap beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
HaHa!

Posts: 200 | Location: Garner, TX | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
Just in time for DSC and SCI in Vegas, I want to bump this so anyone not in the know of BWW can read this before attending one of the many hunting conventions.

BUMP!!!

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really feel sorry for the serious hunting agents when there are agents like Blair that soil their profession in such a way.

I have been in dealing with 2 agents here in Scandinavia for going to SA for a PG hunt last year.
The first one made my alarm bells going off very loudly and made me cancel the hunt before any payments were made.
The second one didn't do anything wrong, but they seriously didn't much for me considering their commission and they "forgot" to pass on some information both to me and to the place I hunted at.

Because of this I decided to do all the work myself and deal directly with the ones I am going to hunt with instead of using an agent.

Using an agent would be nice if you could know for sure they are not overcharging you for the job they do and that your money is in fact safe till the hunt take place.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norwegianwoods,

You're right that it would be very handy to be able to use and trust booking agents for their intended/ stated purpose. Sadly, so many seem to get in the game just to be a "middleman" where they can skim a profit from one or both sides without ever intending to offer a service or any value of their own. Many times, even with their guarantee to keep your money safe until the hunt, or that they will be representing you and your interests with the outfitter, they consider their responsibilities ended when they cash your check.

It is indeed a shame that the bad agents cause the public to lose faith and trust in the good ones. However, most organizations and industries eventually find a way to police their own; if they suffer too badly from public mistrust then maybe as a group they will be motivated to change the way they do business.

There are some agents out there that offer quality service for their clients and can be counted on to help solve the problems that will eventually arise whenever two or more people interact in a business transaction.

Posts: 200 | Location: Garner, TX | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In an ideal world everyone would be honest. It would be nice to find a well-recommended outfitter who provides exactly what he promises without the use of an agent. Not every hunter is honest either and plenty of outfitters have been burned. Sucks, but it's who we are as a species.

To add a middleman who essentially provides nothing is folly......especially in today's world of hunting reports and excellent forums like AR.

As for Blair.....I hope he rots from neglect.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Full page ad in the vol. 24, issue 1 of Safari Times, page 50. Says BWH will be at booths 1765, 1767, 1769, 1771 at SCI convention.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
Full page ad in the vol. 24, issue 1 of Safari Times, page 50. Says BWH will be at booths 1765, 1767, 1769, 1771 at SCI convention.

SCI has a history of supporting the criminals!
As long as they pay their dues!

Remember Out Of Africa?

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'm not big on hecklers, but I might make an exception.

quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7541 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
We could have our own version of Occupy Wall Street:

OCCUPY BOOTHS 1765 1767 1769 1771!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Up to about 1 e-mail a week dumping into my junk mail from BWW. Any firm in any business that does this much e-mailing, mailing and calling a. cannot be healthy and b. will not deliver on their promises.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellow AR members, I just received my latest "Blair" solicitation in the mail. Of note, Jeff Blair's name does NOT appear anywhere in the paperwork. It now list Audra Blair as the Operations manager. Seems they may have changed their marketing ploy to try and avoid the stinky connection to/with jeff. Buyer beware.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, I go hunting for two weeks and find no one has kept this at the top. Guess I am just doing my duty...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested to hear from anyone that speaks to Blair at any of the shows. I believe he was at SCI?

Never follow a bad move with a stupid move.

Posts: 217 | Location: Clute, TX USA | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I expect this is gonna be a busy booth at SCI?

knife knife knife

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Considering all the legal threats and lawyering up that has gone on I think the change is to protect assests. Take it out of one spouses name and put it in another so it cant be touched. Still run and control it but keeps it out of any legal actions moving forward. Just a guess though. If it was me, well I wouldnt be in that situation, but if it was, change the name as well. As long as most folks recognize the name and the story....just saying.
Still no sympathy here! horse

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLAIR WORLDWIDE:
The person you talked to is Todd Rice, owner of Sonoran Outfitters. Who is also a salesman for Blair Worldwide Hunting for the past 2+ years. The hunter did not book through Blair Worldwide, he booked direct with Todd at Sonoran Outfitters.

FWIW, buyer beware with Todd Rice. I was extremely dissappointed to see how he operates this year in Sonora.

His guides were trespassing on one of my leases and when I called Todd and expressed my extreme displeasure with what was going on he told me that "his guys just dont know the property boundaries" and I told him that this was a problem and that I held him personally accountable because he was the owner of the operation. His guides also left a bunch of trash(water bottles) on a high point they were using to glass from. That high point is on my lease and the landowner was pissed that they were not only trespassing but trashing his ranch. We went up with a trash bag and had to clean up after those guys

The last thing he told me during that conversation was that he was going to call his guys and get right back to me. He never called me back and he never picked up when I tried to call

Drummond

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I expect this is gonna be a busy booth at SCI?

knife knife knife

Been by his booth 3 times and all 3 times he had no clients at his booth. Maybe the word is getting out.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:
Been by his booth 3 times and all 3 times he had no clients at his booth. Maybe the word is getting out.

do you flip him off when you walk by? i'd have a hard time not poking at him. walk by a couple times during the day and mention AR and the hunters that got the shaft. Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:

Well, that at least is some good news.

Karma is a BITCH, eh Jeff?

So, would you say we've "Brought It" yet?

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also saw no clients at the BWW booth .

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the thing is still going on and anybody goes by his booth, please do me a favor and give him a one or two fingered salute for me, LOL!!!