New
Find
Notify
Tools

windriver spotting scope
 Login/Join

<modle 88>
posted
Does any one own one of these scopes?I am thinking of looking into one.How are they for quality.Do they have the same warranty as other leupold scopes?THank you

<karel potyka>
posted
Modle88
Leupold has warranty for all product the same. I do like there old line 20x50;25x50.
I had 20x50 for long time and no any problem.A month ago I replace it with 25x50 then I fined good deal on Zeiss 30-60. So if you like Leupold is for sale. If you looking for variable power and you you can wait, next month my father in law is coming here for visit and he will bring me Meopta 20-60x75 as present. Reason why I write this, Meopta is in same top line with Zeiss,Kowa..but half price.Im not going to sell them, but in US are dealers ho have them. Best prices for Leupod have Wholesale Sport Calgary and you do not have to pay PST.
Which part of BC you live? Im in N.Vancouver.
Good luck,
Karel

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the Windriver, I just wanted to say hi, as I'm from BC too. I live in Pemberton, just north of Whistler.

Karel, how long have you lived in North Van? I grew up on the North Shore, in West Vancouver, and lived near Dunderave. My parents still live there.

The company I work for, the Mark James Group, is building a brewpub/restaurant in North Van, on the site of the old Avalon Hotel. If you like beer, this will be a good place to go on the North Shore.

have a good day.
Clarke

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<karel potyka>
posted
Hi Clark,
it is nice hear from somebody who is taking big buck on Pemberton. I always get just bear.
You grew up nice area. I grew up in Czech rep. Im here in Canada for last 25 years. ALL my kids, two boys and little princes was born here. I live in N.V.-Nortgate 20years.Working for Loomis and have on side S&B business. Avalon is gone. They building there old fox home I thing.
I got me bear already on Squmish. Haw much snow is left in your area ? Planing go there after my new Sako and me will be OK.
Like to hear from you again,
Karel

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
The new Avalon will be called "The Avalon Brewing Co." and will feature fresh brewed beer. A far cry from an old folks home!

There is no snow left in the valley bottoms, but there is still some up on the ridges and peaks.

Bears are out now,, and they are probably pretty active right now. I was after bear on Van Island but the only really big one we saw got away. I was talking to a hunter from Nanaimo and he said he thought that the bears were late because we had a warm start to spring and then it really cooled off.

Anyways, there are plenty of bears around here so I'll be going out when I can. Did you kill a bear in Squamish this spring? Or last year? I've seen some big bears on the rivers in Squamish over the years.

Good luck with your new Sako.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote