New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big old gator
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have seen quite a few gators on my place. Nothing giant, at least until a week ago.

This is a big boy. I am not going to say our estimate. If my tags come through , we will know shortly!

chris ivery net worth

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Lots of meat in that tail!

I like it cubed and deep fat fried. You?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the same. Also sautéed with a mustard sauce.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Hell of a big lizard.

One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's an impressive gator. Wonder what caused him to move on to your place and leave his previous territory?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder what caused him to move on to your place and leave his previous territory?

Mating season is not far off, gators are quite capable of traveling great distances on land or water to breed. I heard a male gator bellowing one time during spring gobbler, it's pretty amazing how far the sound carried, I wasn't close to him initially and it was pretty cool to sneak up on him and watch him send out "the vibe". Or in this case maybe a bigger one showed up and told him to get lost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim@IMReps:
quote:
Wonder what caused him to move on to your place and leave his previous territory?

Mating season is not far off, gators are quite capable of traveling great distances on land or water to breed. I heard a male gator bellowing one time during spring gobbler, it's pretty amazing how far the sound carried, I wasn't close to him initially and it was pretty cool to sneak up on him watch him send out "the vibe". Or in this case maybe a bigger one showed up and told him to get lost.

Are you sure that it is not a croc? ha ha

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lots of prime habitat. They don’t get messed with. Lots of food. I can see why a big gator would like the area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He didn't get that big by being careless, how far away/or close were you when you took the picture Larry?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You gonna hunt it with a knife???

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No,I am going to put a guy who just had a major operation on the bank fishing. When the gator comes out, I hope I am fast enough!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim@IMReps:
He didn't get that big by being careless, how far away/or close were you when you took the picture Larry?

I didn’t take the pic. It was done with a zoom lens. I got to 40 yards Sunday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is a big one. I would say about eleven feet.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shocker

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
No,I am going to put a guy who just had a major operation on the bank fishing. When the gator comes out, I hope I am fast enough!

shocker

Guns and hunting

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
quote:

shocker

Good piece of bait that one is Larry!

Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
He is a big one. I would say about eleven feet.

He is way bigger than that .

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I hope you kill him. That is a hell of a nice gator.

I wonder how many pairs of boots a guy could make out of that thing, and still have a 3 foot long skull hanging on the wall.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you are going to need a bigger boat.

Posts: 10825 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would petition to save him. Larry stop killing snakes and gators Cool

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I would petition to save him. Larry stop killing snakes and gators Cool

Mike

Then I will have to move on to honey badgers! Another location would be to translocate him to your house. Nice lake there!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Really wish you the best on this one Larry. I am looking forward to seeing photos from your harvest. Wonder what it would cost to get that skin tanned.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Really wish you the best on this one Larry. I am looking forward to seeing photos from your harvest. Wonder what it would cost to get that skin tanned.

I am thinking of mounting the full skin with the head attached on a big board. Of course, I have to get him first.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
What's your gator caliber Larry?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Permits are issued.

My 416 Remington magnum will be zeroed soon!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh my! What a trophy!

I don't see too many of those around my place here in Utah! LOL ...but I'd like to hunt one some day before I get too sick and die from all the viruses going around. lol

Good luck Larry!!!!

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tags are in hand. Big boy better be careful starting Thursday.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Is baiting allowed? I hear they like foo foo dogs and bratty neighbor kids. Big Grin

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

What methods are legal for you? Good luck getting that one. Big 'gator.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Private lands alligator management program tags are different than the regular hunting season tags. The allowed methods are very different between the two.

Legal methods include: firearms (daylight only), bow, harpoon, bang sticks. They can also be caught on a line .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where do you shoot a gator ? Head seems like a poor choice. Confused

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same as a crocodile:

Spine behind the smile at center of the neck and skull juncture.

Brain: In the head behind the eye at the top of that big curve at the top of it.

Very hard shot. Spine shot gives a target is the size of an orange. The brain gives the size of a golf ball. Facing toward you want to center, but behind the eyes.

Posts: 10825 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
quote:

Grizz

He was joking around .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get dense often on this internet conversation. I did not put that one together.

If you use a knife what woman would you use for bait Mic Dundee style?

Of my wife rebuked, I would use Natalie Portman. That would probably get my wife to be bait.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Bait.

Have gun- Will travel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Grizz

He was joking around .

I know. Big Grin but, having one in my sights, where would you put the bullet ? Not obvious to someone used to hunting mammals of significant size.

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out this big ole Georgia 14 foot gator.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/08...cord-trnd/index.html

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Grizz

He was joking around .

I know. Big Grin but, having one in my sights, where would you put the bullet ? Not obvious to someone used to hunting mammals of significant size.

Either brain his or sever the spinal cord.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The Alligator eye is much bigger than the Nile croc so for me, it is difficult to measure the beast.

I remember when I was young and shot what looked to be a massive croc on an island surrounded by smaller specimens that looked to be 10 footers. Well those 10 footers turned out to be 5 footers and my massive croc was 10 feet.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote