Find
Notify
Tools

First Antelope
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted
I bagged my first antelope two weeks back. Didn't have resident status to apply for the buck tag but exciting for me none the less. Going out for Mule deer in about an hour. dancing
How do I post a picture? I wouldn't mind showing it off a little.

Posts: 120 | Location: eastern montana | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. To post a pic:

Find a host website for your photo album, I use photobucket.com.

Go there, or where ever you choose, and upload your images from your computer. Once loaded, click on a thumbnail pic to expand it. Right click on the image and left click properties. Highlight properties and copy it.

Here on AR, open up this thread, and edit your post. On the top of this window, you'll see the next to the last icon on the right is a small image. Click that and paste your photo properties in that, then click Post Now.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
When you post on Photobucket:

After you upload the picture, just highlight the third line under the thumbnail picture that shows up (it says "Img") and copy it into your post here on AR.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats on your first antelope.

With that said, you'd think that as big as this site is that it would be a lot easier to post a pic. The little forum that a few friends of mine and I own (100 members) it just take two clicks to make an attachment from your own folder.

BJ

Posts: 86 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rainman1882: Congratulations on the first harvest of Antelope for you!
I hope you have many, many more such happy occassions!
Now on to Mule Deer!
Are you counting your "chickens before they are hatched"?
Did you get the Mulie or are you still after him?
Best of luck in that endeavour!
GOOD Mule Deer Bucks are a little harder to bring to bag than you make it sound - I fear.
I say this from no little amount of experience Hunting them in Eastern Montana - my first trip there was in 1969 and a Hunter was allowed to harvest TWO Buck Mule Deer back then and for some years after.
I have Hunted Montana virtually EVERY year since then and I still share your excitement and eagerness each fall.
Best of luck on the Mule Deer!
Long live Montana!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted Hide Post
Well It ended up taking a little longer with the mulie but it all worked out. I think I have the picture stuff worked out. Find out in a few minutes.

Posts: 120 | Location: eastern montana | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted Hide Post
After looking at that picture I see how well i did get "scoped". What can I say? I shot iron sights till I moved here! Big Grin