THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Bass pro shop closing most of its stores till virus scare is over

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bass pro shop closing most of its stores till virus scare is over
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just went to Bass pro shop yesterday and it was one of the few places here to buy ammo and guns left open .They had been told they were day by day opened .I hope they can open again soon. THIS Virus Is getting spread by the dat worse and it will get way worse than better for a while .I hope and pray everyone stays safe and healthy and their families also .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is essential about AssPro?

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
not a bass pro fan, they can stay closed forever and it would nor matter to me.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
They put the nail in the coffin of Cabelas.

Really sad.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
who?

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro owns Cabelas now.

They are the 3rd owner. A big conglomerate strangled it, and now Bass Pro is turning it into the same shitty kind of store that Bass Pro is.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well, I hope Bass Pro can stay afloat long enough to honor my Cabelas Club points to the tune of 1K.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro has been working on monopoly status for a long time. Last resort for my needs.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

one of us
posted Hide Post
The quality of much of their merchandise went down.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a had a Cabelas credit card for a longtime. Their prices are so high that I haven't used it to buy anything with my points.

By the time I apply the points, I could have just bought from someone else and saved that percentage.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
They put the nail in the coffin of Cabelas.

Really sad.

No.....

Cabelas did

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah cabela's shot themselves in the foot.

they used to be an outfitter where a guy could go and buy everything necessary to carry off just about any sort of expedition he could think of.

they did have one S.I.L smart enough to get those idiots at B.P. to sign an iron clad contract though.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I buy my shotgun shells by the case and clay targets at Bass Pro. Price seems good and it is on the way to my long range shooting spot.

Reloading? Bruno's Shooter Supply

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our state considers bass pro essential services .Its about the only place left here to buy guns and ammo open .I hope they stay open .I like sportsman's warehouse best of all these days but its 125 miles to closest one here .I hope this virus goes away soon before we dont have a country aby more !

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I have a had a Cabelas credit card for a longtime. Their prices are so high that I haven't used it to buy anything with my points.

By the time I apply the points, I could have just bought from someone else and saved that percentage.

I use to have a BP or cabelas card, can't remember which. I finally went to a cash back card and just used the money to buy my hunting stuff cheaper elsewhere. Now I tend to keep a revolving wallet of cards getting the signup bonuses of airlines, hotels, etc... and have nearly traveled the world for free over the last decade. Slowing down now with a house, wife, and 2 year old...

I hated Cabelas before they were bought, now it's worse. My little boy loves to go look at the animals, I think he can name more than most of the shoppers in there. So we go pretty often, but I can't afford anything in there, even IF it were actually in stock.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't frequent the place like I didn when it was a real Cabela's but I would never wish this issue of closing on them or any company.

It's a tough time to be a retailer right now but especially tough for the smaller businesses who needed to shut the doors...hopefully temporarily.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We haven't been told that at my store.

Large sporting goods stores are still open and considered essential originally not because of guns/ammo but because of:
Portable heaters
Generators
Freeze dried/ emergency food
Small emergency medical kits
Water filtration/ sanitation supplies

Camping supplies = emergency survival supplies

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote