THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Well, they've pulled my preference points

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, they've pulled my preference points
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It appears that I have drawn a first rifle season tag for Unit 76 for Elk. One of the trophy units available in Colorado. Guided hunt and my guide/friend says he knows where several 400 class bulls live. Woo Hoo!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that is impressive. Best of luck and take pictures.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your hunt

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Good deal Rick. Hope you kill a monster. CO was good to me too and pulled my eastern plains tag after 4 unsuccessful years. Can't wait to go chase a big mulie out there.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing any results yet....how did you find out? When I go to the website and check they only list past years, not 2015.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The very best of luck to you.
Please keep us posted

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go git 'em, Cowboy!

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
skb
when you go to CPW's website to check on the drawings, underneath the years posted is a list of your preference points. A week ago, I had 7 points for elk, now I have zero. All of the previous times that has happened, I have drawn the tag that suddenly has 0 points.

Thanks guys and good luck to all of you as well.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I have mostly been building points and using my second choices to draw tags so I guess I need to wait. Good to know though.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
If the word "Elk" disappeared with all your previous points then you don't necessarily have a tag. The line item "Elk" disappears when they are drawing.
If the line item "elk" is still there and your points went from 7 to zero that may be something. I've never seen it do that though.
Good luck though I hope you drew it. 76
puts out some good Bulls for those that can put out the extra effort and go the miles. Usually a long pack trip "in" from people I know that hunt the unit.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, sir, the line item "elk" disappeared as did my preference points.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
I'm not seeing any results yet....how did you find out? When I go to the website and check they only list past years, not 2015.

There is a way -- called "the back door" -- to discover your result before the official results are posted. Go to the Colorado official big game license site. Click on the selection to buy habitat stamp/license; provide the necessary personal information to get into the site; at some point it will display to you what applications are already in your account. If one of those items is identified with a 5xx code (mine is code 581), that means you were drawn.

Specifically, for me, there is a left hand column with two entries: a 4xx application line and a habitat stamp line. There is now also a right hand column with a single entry with the 581 numeric code in it. I applied for non-resident first season elk hunt: I'm taking this means I successfully drew.

If others know the details of interpreting this "backdoor" better than I have explained it, please provide details.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting drawn for that unit! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pulled a muzzleloader tag for deer close to home. Otherwise skunked. Hopefully pull something decent in the leftover drawing.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I didn't draw anything this year, zip.
Youngest son drew his second choice Antelope a late season doe, oldest son drew a 3rd season Bull tag nothing else. My lucky brother on the other hand drew his Bighorn Sheep, and a Bull Moose as well as a Bear tag and a second choice Antelope!
I'll be spending a lot of good time with my brother this year scouting Sheep and Moose!
Another friend of mine drew a Sheep tag so I think I'll get to help on that one too.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the bull tag, that's awesome!!!

Like most others, I drew NOTHING!! Mad

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, I understand the frustration Aaron. The first season Rifle tag for unit 76 was the only thing I drew. No bear, no deer and no antelope.Better hope to find an elk for the winter meat supply.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I drew a Colorado elk tag that took me 46 years to pull

I suppose I will take a drive West the first week of September and pack RSnellstroms bighorn back to the truck for him

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
46 years?..
How many preference points?

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Not to speak for Ted but I believe he means he's waited his whole life to hunt a Bull in Colorado and this year drew his tag.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
I drew NOTHING!! Mad

And you called me "Spotter Bitch"?

Bwahahahahahah!! animal

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7574 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Not to speak for Ted but I believe he means he's waited his whole life to hunt a Bull in Colorado and this year drew his tag.

True....100%

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool! I wish you a great and successful hunt!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My elk points went to 20 this year. I'm looking to cash them in on a unit 2 tag next year.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Good luck next year Tommy but you might be just behind the point creep for unit 2, hope you draw, it is a great elk hunt!

On another note I've said this before but I need some Moose luck! Been applying since 1986 which is before they issued preference points.
Next year I'll have 30 years in the Moose applying. Have bought thousands of dollars in Moose raffles too.
Been trying for a Desert Sheep since 1997 that will be 20 years soon.
Been pretty lucky on some other tags though so I'm not complaining much!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Good luck next year Tommy but you might be just behind the point creep for unit 2, hope you draw, it is a great elk hunt!

Should get it with 20. It took 19 points this year. I'm still a CO resident. I'm working in TX but haven't officially switched my residency. I own property in CO and still pay income taxes there just for the hunting licenses.

I've been applying for moose since they started issuing licenses with no luck. I drew a sheep tag in 86 and didn't fill it and have applied every year since. Filled a goat tag in 2001 and I have a lot of points for elk, deer and bear that I need to cash in. Filled an antelope tag with a 15 inch buck last season.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TommyII:
My elk points went to 20 this year. I'm looking to cash them in on a unit 2 tag next year.

Took me 21 or 22 years to draw Unit 2 as a NR four or five years ago. It was a fantastic hunt and worth waiting for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Rick! I can't wait to hear the story in November!!!!!!

WOW!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell, Jim, if I kill a monster you'll know about it long before November! hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Hell, Jim, if I kill a monster you'll know about it long before November! hilbily

If you kill a 400 incher I'll most likely hear the war whoop all the way down here!!!!!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Problem with me is that I won't pass up on the first day, what I would shoot on the last day..... shocker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK. That's just one of my problems.... Frowner

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
It appears that I have drawn a first rifle season tag for Unit 76 for Elk. One of the trophy units available in Colorado. Guided hunt and my guide/friend says he knows where several 400 class bulls live. Woo Hoo!

Great News and great tag!

Who are you hunting with? I am taking a buddy up there who drew your same tag. I drew a 76 2nd season cow tag.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats. My buddy and I drew second season bull for 49. He with 7 points, me with 8. We have not hunted together there since 2006 so greatly looking forward to it.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on your up coming hunt , may all your preparations go smooth . Keep us posted. Maybe we can start a collection for your taxidermy bill Smiler

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
quote:

Great News and great tag!

Who are you hunting with? I am taking a buddy up there who drew your same tag. I drew a 76 2nd season cow tag.

A good friend of mine who is very familiar with the area and he has horses.
CLL
I'm probably one of the few whose taxidermist owes him money! hilbily

one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
thats a rare thing for sure , him owing you, rotflmo

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote