Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Draw
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted
I got some good news this morning - I drew all of the tags that I applied for: 1 buck and 2 doe antelope in area 42. Last year I didn't draw any tags.

How did you do in the Wyoming draw?

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. In any single year, I'm lucky if I draw even one of the several tags I apply for. Three antelope. Wow.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't draw antelope or deer, damn!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I had a great year in the Deer/Elk/Antelope draw.

I put in for a hard to draw bull elk tag and didn't draw but I'll still get to hunt on a general tag. I was successful drawing a cow elk tag in a unit that I consider my home away from home.

I did draw buck tags and for deer and antelope in good units. I also drew doe tags for the same units. These should be some fun hunts!

I even drew a whitetail tag for a unit that is not too far out of the way.

I put in each year for hunts that have good odds and I usually still get screwed. This year was a very welcomed change! I know that Renee will be excited.
beer

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i'll try for a general J tag in the leftover draw. didnt want to burn my points on that one.

does anyone know...can i get a leftover tag and also buy a point in august or whenever they go on sale? i know the leftover rules changed this year.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooperjd:
does anyone know...can i get a leftover tag and also buy a point in august or whenever they go on sale? i know the leftover rules changed this year.

Look at the FAQ on the new leftover draw on the departments website. I believe the leftover draw won't affect your points... and that you can still earn(buy) a point this year.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent my 7 points and drew Unit 67 for buck antelope in the Special draw. Been wanting a big Wyoming buck for a long time and hope that this is the year! Good luck to all in their hunts.

Posts: 297 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooperjd:
i'll try for a general J tag in the leftover draw. didnt want to burn my points on that one.

The leftover list doesn't look encouraging, at least not for antelope.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote