Find
Notify
Tools

Smartwool products
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used Smartwool products ?

I picked up some socks at REI. Most expensive socks I have bought in my life but these seem pretty good.

REI has their stuff 30 percent off till 11/23.

Their base ware stuff looks real wood - just very expensive.

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
They are great! They last for years,dry fast, and are very comfortable.

Jim

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

SmartWool is top notch. You made a good buy.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Smartwool socks are the best. IMO

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I live 200 yards from a new REI store in Chicago. Being an REI co-op member, I get emails whenever they have sales. I buy my socks from REI during one of their big annual sales, and I buy them in 3 packs, which are their best value. They last forever and being wool, they stay warm even when damp from sweat.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I wore mine out but it took years. I use them every day they are appropriate. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You won't be displeased with your purchase. I've upgraded my entire sock drawer to SmartWool, something around 25-30 pairs. Yes they are expensive, but they are worth it.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have a few pairs of smart wool socks. I like them. That said, since I am relegated to hunting in a blind or stand of some sort I still freeze to death while hunting.

My metabolism simply shuts down if I am not moving around. Doesn't matter how warm a day it is, sitting still out hunting and I will be very cold no matter what!

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
have a few pairs and they are the best socks I have for hunting

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great product. They are the only socks I wear for hunting and hiking.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Love them as much as the Merino wool "Shooters's Socks" that Steve Garbe used to see via the SPG "Black Powder Cartridge News" outfit before it sold to Wolfe Publishing.
Also confess a great fondness for "Incredisocks," which typically last me about eight years per pair.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Same same, Smart Wool socks have been great.

I also just bought some Simms midweight Merino hikers and really like them, too early to compare longevity though.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my my Smartwool stuff, but I prefer DarnTough socks.

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I have three pairs of their heavy hunting socks and love them. They fit so much better than the crap you get at most places, and they wear like iron. They're also thinner than other heavyweight socks and keep my feet just as warm, so my feet fit in my boots better.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been using Smartwool for years. During the fall/winter, they are my everyday socks, hunting or not. Love them.

Posts: 2586 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple pairs of their long underwear top & bottoms Great stuff, SPENDY Love their socks also!!

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like and have many pairs of Smartwool socks, but I do prefer the Darn Tough and that is now my go to.

Cold Zero

one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
I have many pair of Smartwool and Darn Tough socks and find them both warm, durable and of high quality.

FYI - both are MADE IN USA.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote