THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    2021 spring bear hunt recommendations

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 spring bear hunt recommendations
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I'd like to find a outfitter in the Western States for a spring bear hunt next year and I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend an outfitter. I'll be bringing one of my friends from New Zealand so I want to make sure that he gets a chance at one.

I was thinking of Idaho because so many areas have a two bear limit but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I did my Spring bear hunt in NM. Casual drive to get there in a day.

If interested, I can get you in touch with the outfitter.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful color Tanks.
Where in NM? Just curious.
I'm out of the hunting games
yet.

I wouldn't know in CO where to go.

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SNS out fitters.

I hunted elk with them and had a good time.

https://huntwyo.com/hunt-by-species/black-bear-hunts

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Beautiful color Tanks.
Where in NM? Just curious.

Lil’ Joes Big Game Hunting
3056 N Chaparral Drive
Socorro, NM 87801
575-707-3727
troyerpietown@aol.com

Very nice outfit, Second or third generation outfitters with dogs. I had found them here, $2,500 at the time for a week. Stayed in tents and cots they had set up.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks Andy but it looks like New Mexico only has a Fall season and I need to do a spring hunt.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arizona has some good spring hunts. The virus has mine on hold this spring.

Posts: 304 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
My sons and I were in Little Joe's camp at the same time as tanks. Good group, both son's got bears (I was just along for the good time). My youngest got a really nice one.

Hope you're doing well Tanks, saw your elephant photos, beauties.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4728 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep...I can surely help if you want to email me at globalhunts@aol.com

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted Hide Post
Travis Reggear (Reggear Outfitters) has spring hound hunts. Excellent area, two bear area, we treed 3 bears by 10:00 the first morning. Could not turn down the third bear as he weighed 428lb. Highly recommend Travis. https://reggearoutfitters.com/
I wish I knew how to post a picture of my bear. This is the biggest and most well furred bear I have ever taken. Travis is out of Orofino, Idaho.

Posts: 321 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'l take a look.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Idaho bait and dogs
MT spot and stalk
All have their own challenges and mystics

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote