THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Where, When, and with Whom to Hunt Alligator?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where, When, and with Whom to Hunt Alligator?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted
Gentlemen,

My eldest daughter has been interested in alligator hunting for years now. She will graduate from high school next spring and we are seriously considering taking her on an alligator hunt as her graduation gift.

I know nothing of 'gators other than what I have read in a few posts here. I would very much appreciate any input from those of you with experience hunting them. Where to go? When to go? With whom? I think she is more interested in an opportunity at multiple gators than a single large one, but we're not sold on anything. We're open to any method, but would be particularly interested in spot and stalk and/or calling.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interested as well. Have seen some hunts posted in this forum

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big’O Hunts

Casey Ward

He worked hard to make sure my son had a great trip! A+

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Thanks Skip, I appreciate the input. I know another guy who hunted there and liked it.

Anybody else have any good tips?

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Hoppy Kempfer of Osceola Outfitters.

You might also try God's Country Outfitters in Putnam County.

In this state, one either gets private landowner tags or gets a tag through a drawing. These are hard to come by, especially the private land owner tags. I imagine that multiple gators can be taken. However, it might be expensive.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote