Find
Notify
Tools

All about kids hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted
For me it is all about taking my boys hunting. Yes I know that I am spoiling them with lots of game but it truly makes me happy. When there is work to be done on the farm we work but we also play. This was on Saturday. Saw over 20 bears, five gators, thousands of ducks, lots of deer and caught specked trout.

Sometimes it is good to turn the TV off and take away the iPhone.

Posts: 511 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sometimes it is good to turn the TV off and take away the iPhone.

It is very good to turn them off.

Teach them young or lose them to other things.

I assisted a friends 10yoa daughter shoot her first deer. A doe at 120yards bang flop.

The look on her face was priceless.

All she wants to do now is go hunting.

Keep up the good work.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Much better than electronic devices turning kids into fat little drones.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are not spoiling them.

By the time I got old enough to tout a pop gun my adopted father’s health had all but left him.

I think we got to hunt together six times.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Capt Purvis are you a Capt or just your handle? Great that you are taking kids hunting. I've been doing it a bunch of years now with grand kids and now a couple great grand kids coming up. For deer, despite what you might read on here, a .222 or a .223 works great if placed right spot.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
US Coast Guard Licensed Charter Capt. Friends call me Capt. Purvis I own a fishing and hunting operation throughout Eastern NC as well as Eastern Shore VA. Several members here have hunted and fished with me.

Posts: 511 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
For me it is all about taking my boys hunting.

Amen Brother. I want to come fish with you sometime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote