New
Find
Notify
Tools

SBR like pistols
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have heard the ATF has reinterpreted the 1968 Gun Control Act determining that imported pistols (designed to get around SBR legislation) are now banned from importation as of October 27, 2020

Think the HK MP 5 type pistols and those AK pattern pistols.

What I am hearing is the imported SBR like pistols, the ATF is saying they do not meet the “Sporting Purposes” requirement for importation.

The ATF through Administrative Regulation uses a point system to “grade@ pistols for sporting purposes. A pistol has to meet so many points to meet the statutory requirement to be declared “sporting purposes”.

The ATF says these foreign SBR like pistols are not making the grade.

I think for the ATF to find “sporting purposes” and allow importation a pistol has to score 75 points on the scale.

I have not seen any Company Specific Letters the ATF issues you individual importers (ATF does not make these public). However, this is what I am hearing.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There is chatter from guntuber channels saying the same thing.

You can have an American made AR pistol, but not one made in Bulgaria.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the ATF website. The only forearm involved is the Honey Badger built by a company named Q. Seems they did not consult the ATF before bringing it to market. The interweb is on fire about nothing.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I meant to say, the only firearm involved.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
I meant to say, the only firearm involved.

The Honey Badger is a separate issue. It is manufactured her in the USA. I have a copy of that cease and desist Company Letter.

The ATF is claiming the Honey Badger was also marketed as a rifle and not a pistol. As well, as Honey Badger not submitting.

Honey Badger also did a Shooting Gallery episode telling the ATF we are smarter than you.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
are now banned from importation as of October 27, 2020

don't think it is right

but there are plenty of US ones made

Or you can buy a 80 percent receiver and make your own

Links with useful information on this topic

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/...ry-of-atf-hostility/

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....-nfa-regulated-item/

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote