New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff Ultra Combo ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got a chance to buy a Krieghoff Ultra Combo. Actually fellow has two he wants to trade me.

#1 is 12ga w/30-06...double triggers (front is set-trigger for rifle) ...new and unfired.

#2 is 12ga w/270 Winchester .... specs the same except it has been fired and has a 1x4 variable scope mounted.

Any comments on the quality, what to look out for and the value.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DB
I would prefer the 30-06.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good guns, watch out that there is enough eye relief for the scope, as these guns will move around when fired. Values new here in Oz are about $6,000 AUD, second hand what the market will bear, but generally about $2500 - 3000 AUD, depending on condition, if you can find one.
How many rounds through the 270?
If not many, it could be the way to go, as there will be no problem test firing it to check that it suits you.
depends on what you want the gun for?
The 30-06 may suit you better?
Either way, they are good guns, so haggle hard!

Cheers, Dave
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
Got a chance to buy a Krieghoff Ultra Combo. Actually fellow has two he wants to trade me.

#1 is 12ga w/30-06...double triggers (front is set-trigger for rifle) ...new and unfired.

#2 is 12ga w/270 Winchester .... specs the same except it has been fired and has a 1x4 variable scope mounted.

Any comments on the quality, what to look out for and the value.

Probably good stuff, although I liked the idea of the now-discontinued Ultra-20, which was .243/20 gauge.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14362 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Took a look at them this PM and he was accurate in his descriptions....I don't think the 30-06 and 12ga combo had ever been put together and the 370/12ga combo, while fired. would rate a 100% condition with a fairly nice 1x4 Redfield ER scope.

I wa also very impressed with the set trigger for the rifle ---- easy to set and very quick .

I should add these were both the "plain" models, no engraving and plain wood with the butt-stock having a European cheekpiece.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K, if they are the 'plain' standard finish (no Ti?) with plain walnut, then here in OZ they would fetch about $2000 - $3000 for the unfired one and about $1500 - $2000 for the fired one, if the mounts work o.k.
that's assuming the action is tight with little or no wear evident, and the muzzle crown in perfect condition.
Are these the alloy action, or the steel action?
Realistically though, the price is going to be what the market will bear. I expect it all depends on the nature of the trade.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum.

Cheers, Dave.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sambar 9.3:
O.K, if they are the 'plain' standard finish (no Ti?) with plain walnut, then here in OZ they would fetch about $2000 - $3000 for the unfired one and about $1500 - $2000 for the fired one, if the mounts work o.k.
that's assuming the action is tight with little or no wear evident, and the muzzle crown in perfect condition.
Are these the alloy action, or the steel action?
Realistically though, the price is going to be what the market will bear. I expect it all depends on the nature of the trade.

Cheers, Dave.

What is the current exchange rate AZ to US?

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.k, further to my last post on this, I just heard from Elks Firearms, they have one, unfired, but second hand, alloy frame, standard finish, still in the box, with mounts, for $1800 AUD. 30-06/12g.
I know those aren't $USD, prices, but it might give you something to haggle with?

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K, the Kreighoff Ultra at Elks has gone. Pity, I would have liked to add that one to the collection.
How did you go with your trade?

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.