THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Installing a Kreighoff, Semper barrel insert?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing a Kreighoff, Semper barrel insert?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the used ones I've seen have the insert extractor that matches the 16 ga shell rim so no machining is necessary. All mine work that way. I have them in all my drillings. alsways hate to cut on a drilling; especially when it's not really necessary.

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
Actually, when I took the insert out I could see that the notch goes all the way through the drilling extractor. The roll pin is a snug fit in the square notch.

This is the way the Krieghoff factory does them, and the way i prefer mine to be. I can put mine in without even looking at it, as the precision cut in the extractor "indexes" it perfectly.

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, too, keep the rolled pin and use a snug fit. It just drops in right on the money every time that way. I now would need to stop and put on glasses to see the index marks if they didn't have the pin and notch.

So far, I find no advantages to getting old... Frowner

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 12 gauge insert fits my Sauer 3000's rim rebate so I will not need the recess milled in the face of the extractor. All that is needed is to mill (file) a slot for the roll pin. That will be easy enough.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote