New
Find
Notify
Tools

need GOOD g'smith for a cape gun repair
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am bringing a German cape gun to the US, together with a extra matched 16 ga. double-barrel set. The dolls-head catch needs repair on the receiver.
Can anyone recommend a winner of a gunsmith for this job....someone whose butt I don't have to kiss to get the job done?? I really don't want to take any chances with this job. Thanks, everyone.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Duane Wiebe, now in Tacoma, Washington - not super fast, but super good.

Dave Yale in Yellowjacket Colorado - Same comments as above.

I have used both for doing restoration work, and would not have reservations about sending any gun to either.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3814 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks much, Dave.....when the gun arrives, and I examine it...I will proceed with your advice.
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
I've also used Dave Yale, good guy.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
Duane Wiebe, now in Tacoma, Washington - not super fast, but super good.

Dave Yale in Yellowjacket Colorado - Same comments as above.

I have used both for doing restoration work, and would not have reservations about sending any gun to either.

Dave

Do you have contact information for Duane Wiebe?

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Duane Wiebe's new phone number for his shop is (253) 535-0066. Duane might take a few days to get up to speed, as he had both knees replaced last week, and is still in the recovery period. You might even want to wait a week or two to call.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3814 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll second LnB's endorsement for David Yale. First rate on all things old, and those things with more than one barrel. 970/562-4225 Tell him Dan sez "Howdy".

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote