Notify
Tools

Einstucklauf, how are they?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all.
I love my old O/U AYA in 16 gauge.

So, how is it to have a einstucklauf made for it, turn it into a cape gun?
To expensive? Better to find a cape gun?

Also, how accurate can a shotgun with a einstucklauf be?

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Extremely accurate, actually if installed correctly. You'll need to put some sights on your BBF, and I would use the top barrel for the einstecklauf.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good Einstecklauf properly installed is going to run you $1000-1500 depending on the caliber and machining work that may be needed. I would feel comfortable putting smaller caliber SEL's in the top barrel but if you are going to put in amedium caliber, I would put it in the bottom barrel and get accustomed to the trigger assembly for that configuration. They can be extremely accurate. A good friend has a 7x 65R in his Merkel O/U and it will print 1" groups at 100 meters.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I understand. That is good, 1" is not bad at all. Makes his gun a good deer/bird gun.
Thanks for the information.

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonP:
A good Einstecklauf properly installed is going to run you $1000-1500 depending on the caliber and machining work that may be needed. I would feel comfortable putting smaller caliber SEL's in the top barrel but if you are going to put in amedium caliber, I would put it in the bottom barrel and get accustomed to the trigger assembly for that configuration. They can be extremely accurate. A good friend has a 7x 65R in his Merkel O/U and it will print 1" groups at 100 meters.

For any heavier caliber you're absolutely correct.

I use only the small caliber stick barrels and was thinking of their use when I suggested the top barrel; it is closer to the sight line.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote