Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser BD 14?
 Login/Join

posted
Har anyone in here checked the new Blaser drilling BD14 that was presented at IWA??

Has only found some pics on the net and on youtube.

//Robert

Posts: 18 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I've always like a bockdrilling this one looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up on this.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
IWA 2014 | Bockdrilling BD 14: The Awesome TrinityMonday, 10. March 2014

New lockup, new barrel adjustment, new elegance. Blaser redefines the concept of a “Bockdrilling”.

The innovative design of the thermostable barrels makes the BD 14 a state-of-the-art masterpiece: a skillful combination of tradition and technology. The “Bockdrilling” is, put simply, an O/U Rifle-shotgun combination with a smaller caliber rifle-barrel that blends in harmonically on the side. The barrel arrangement has been perfected by Blaser allowing for an extremely slender receiver and making the BD 14 exceptionally huntable.

The brand new Vertical Block Lockup is an absolute stunner which has been filed for patent. It combines an extremely compact and solid block lockup in a closed system within the monoblock with the comfortable handling of a classic break action rifle.

The double lock permits, if needed, a rapid second shot, the front trigger always releasing the large rifle-caliber. The blind palable barrel selector actives the shotgun barrel when in position “top” and activates the smaller rifle caliber in position “bottom”.

The Blaser precision triggers with a trigger pull of 650 grams (1lb 7 oz) and the excellent, crisp characteristics are the essential prerequisite for accurate shooting.

With a total weight starting at app. 3.3 kg (7 lb 4.4 oz) the new Blaser Bockdrilling lives up to the expected versatility and is first choice for stalking.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The lock up on this gun looks exactly like the same lockup on the D99 Drillings, and D99 Double Rifle Drillings.

I have examples of all of them. I can say they are most accurate, scary accurate in fact.

I have killed a LOT of game with them.

I have no doubt that this new Bockdrilling will be just as accurate as well.

It looks "cool" as well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cornfield SWO
posted Hide Post
Very neat! Anyone know what rifle calibers will be available in the large and small caliber barrels?

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 178 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Shotgun barrel 20/76.
Middle rifle barrel: .22Hornet, .222Rem, 5,6x50R Mag, 5,6x52R.
Lower rifle barrel: 6,5x55, 6,5x57R, 7x57R, 7x65R, .308Win, .30-06, .30R Blaser, 8x57 IRS, 9,3x74R

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
The lock up on this gun looks exactly like the same lockup on the D99 Drillings, and D99 Double Rifle Drillings, and the O/U BBF 97 Combo guns.

I have examples of all of them. I can say they are most accurate, scary accurate in fact.

It looks "cool" as well.

A correction the BBF 97/95 does not have the tilting bloc lockup. The Block Verschuss you find on the K95 ,S2, D99 and now on the BD14

Posts: 43 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30R:
quote:
The lock up on this gun looks exactly like the same lockup on the D99 Drillings, and D99 Double Rifle Drillings, and the O/U BBF 97 Combo guns.

It looks "cool" as well.

A correction the BBF 97/95 does not have the tilting bloc lockup. The Block Verschluss you find on the K95 ,S2, D99 and now on the BD14

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It looks "cool" as well.

A correction the BBF 97/95 does not have the tilting bloc lockup. The Kippblock Verschluss (Jäger Verschluss) you find on the K95 ,S2, D99 and now on the BD14

one of us
posted Hide Post
30R

You are correct about the BBF 97/95, it does not have the tilting block.

I mis typed shocker

And I have a BBF 97. Eeker

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I ordered a BD14 last Sept. 20/76, 6.5x55SE, 222Rem. My wait is getting shorter. Down to around 60 to 90 days now. Whooopppeeee......

Posts: 9 | Location: White Pine, MI | Registered: 12 July 2013Reply With Quote