THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    What is the proper name for an o/u shogun rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the proper name for an o/u shogun rifle
 Login/Join

posted
I have been trying to sell a 12ga over 257r gun on Gunbroker , I keep getting emails form people telling me I have listed wrong (I tried drilling, combo , double rifle.).
What would be the correct nomenclature for this type of gun.
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Only two barrels?

O/U --Combo

SXS- somtimes called --Cape gun

Drilling typically refers to 3 barrels.

DR typically is a rifle of two barrels in the same calibre.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
For English I'd probably try Combo, Rifle over Shotgun or vice versa, or BBF (Bockbuchsflinte) for those multilingual Cool Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This should help,

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DM:
This should help,

DM

In English the top one is a cape gun

The next one is a O/U combination gun! This one is also made with the shot barrel on the bottom but most of that configuration are made in the USA, and are tough but cheaply made. Savage comes to mind.

The next one is the comon configuration for a Drilling!

The next is also a drilling, and thwe word "BOCK" means stacked, the word BUSHS means "rifle", and "Flinte" means Shotgun

The next one DOPPEL means "DOUBLE", BUSHS means "RIFLE" and DRILLING means "THREE" barrels

And the last one In the picture VIERLING means "FOUR" barrels, in this case two rifle, and two shotgun barrels with the two riflels different chamberings!

The only drilling that really interests me is the DOPPELBUSHSDRILLING A Drilling that is a double rifle with a shot tube on the bottom between the rifle barrels !

I like the cape guns as well, and have two of them corrently, but I'd really like to have another double rifle, drilling. chambered for 450NE-450NE-16ga.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale450:
I have been trying to sell a 12ga over 257r gun on Gunbroker , I keep getting emails form people telling me I have listed wrong (I tried drilling, combo , double rifle.).
What would be the correct nomenclature for this type of gun.
Thanks

Dale450 what is the brand name of the combination gun you are trying to sell?

What you need to do is list it by "BRAND NAME, OVER/UNDER COMBINATION GUN, 12 GUAGE OVER 257 ROBERTS"

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help.
My gun is a LUD. BOROVNIK made in Austria.Imported by Flaids.

I will re title if it relists.

Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bockdrilling means 2 riflebarrels in different calibers and a shotgun barrel.

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale450:
Thanks for the help.
My gun is a LUD. BOROVNIK made in Austria.Imported by Flaids.

I will re title if it relists.

Dale

Keep it in the drilling section listing, so more will see your ad. Just call it a BBF and you'll be good to go. I saw the ad...nice BBF, for sure. Wink

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a Bockbuechsflinte from Krieghoff..16/70 over a 7 x 65R. This one has an alloy action weighs only 7 lb 6 oz with the scope...has a set of 16/70 shotgun barrels as well.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bockbuechsflinte

Yes, just list it as a Bochbuechsflinte...that will clear it up for everybody (???) !@!! LOL

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You missed one version. I have a drilling that is a double shotgun with a .22WRF barrel in the rib.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vol,

your rifle is called Waldläufer, a very rare combination. And it is does't play in the
drilling league - its a class of its own.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is a Schienendrilling the same thing?

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is. Look here

http://www.tjf-jagdwaffen.de/

Very interessting is the "Büchsflintenwaldläufer"
from this gunsmith.