New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Drilling Value
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found a old german drilling in fair condition.It does not have any makers name,no engraveing,lots of wear and nicks,boxlock.Seems tight enough to shoot.16ga.x16x9.3x72r.How much is this gun worth?It looks to be made around 1910 or so and has the under lever for break open.The gunshop is asking $1200.00 firm.Krupp fluid steel barrels.Cartridge trap,flip sights,hammers.

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The asking price seems high for the condition you describe. I have an absolutely MINT and perfect 16x16/9.3x72R hammer drilling, that I would sell for 1500. And I do mean "perfect".
Alex
The differences between what you describe, and what I have available....sound much greater than what 300. represents. Pictures available.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blackbearhunter, Do you have access to a copy of 'the blue book of gun values'? With out any details of the gun in question, it sounds a bit much. No markings marks it hard to determine anything. Better yet, if you can, try to post a photo of it, if the gunshop owner will let you, maybe someone here will know?

Did you end up getting the broadheads I sent over to you?

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought the drilling price seemed high.Hey sambar9.3 how you been doing?I never did receive the broadheads.Thanks just the same anyway.They must have gotten lost in transit.I did get a new bow.Great Plains take down recurve 55# shoots great! thumb
Have you been hunting anything lately?I tried to PM you but couldnt get it to pull up.Thanks for the info on the blue book,see ya thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
Conifer PM sent.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackbearhunter:
I found a old german drilling in fair condition.It does not have any makers name,no engraveing,lots of wear and nicks,boxlock.Seems tight enough to shoot.16ga.x16x9.3x72r.How much is this gun worth?It looks to be made around 1910 or so and has the under lever for break open.The gunshop is asking $1200.00 firm.Krupp fluid steel barrels.Cartridge trap,flip sights,hammers.

Value in Europe will be close to Zero!
Typical "wallhanger".
Fuhrmann

Posts: 110 | Location: Switzerland, Zug area (but German by birth...) | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Asked around here in OZ too, same answer. Wallhanger. Best offer was from a collector, sight unseen. $100 AUD. If you are serious about one, stay away from the one you looked at, at least at that money!
Maybe talk to DB BILL, he may have something you might like?

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No brand or makers name no scope. My gunsmith says 500 EURO.

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote