New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno ZH front sight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi, I just rejoined the fray with a Brno ZH 204 7x57R/12ga; first full-power (?) combination gun for decades. I'm trying to find a front sight insert that fits in that bullet-shaped slot on the front ramp; the one that has a little spring-loaded detente to hold the insert in the slot. I don't know the correct terminology, but I've dealt with this before (badly, with JB Weld and no gunsmithing/jeweler's skill). This hefty beast is no jeweled masterpiece, but it deserves better than a filed-down nail up front where most of the precision is obtained. Anybody know what I'm talkin' about? Anybody got a source?
windy

Posts: 39 | Location: far from God's country | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oooops! Hold that thought, friends; I think I've found a Czechoslovakian treasure trove online. May have the desired item coming. Wish I could send pictures, but most of you have already seen a pic of a Brno ZH--just not one with the fella holding it grinning quite so wide.

Posts: 39 | Location: far from God's country | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cz-spare.parts

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got the front sight. found a set trigger for it, too--a drop-in; just two pins, once you get the receiver off the buttstock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Range report: The new trigger group works great! Not only does the "set" feature function as desired, but the trigger is an enormous improvement even without setting it. My "blunt instrument" has become a precision tool. My advice to anyone who has a Brno ZH combo is to get one if at all possible. Of course, it's still a one-shot wonder, or two, before the barrel warms and warps to the attached underbarrel, but that's a target shooter's, not a hunter's problem. The small game load--a 120gr fmj over 9.5gr of Trailboss powder--doesn't warm it as quickly, but there's still vertical stringing after 2 or 3 shots. Ah, well; what's Kentucky windage for, aanyway?
Happy New Year, all!
windy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once more with the ZH 204: I just found a very useful mount for a one inch scope online; Optics Warehouse has them, in Great Britain, and they're a dream to deal with--got mine in about a week. Lighter by far than the one that was married to the Zeiss 6x, and though it's not a QD mount, it'll give me the flexibility to use a 1-4x scope that I can track moving critters with, so I won't need to have the on-off feature. Choice of ring size, steel rings, goes on easy and the package now weighs a pound less.
windy

posted Hide Post
Steve, where did you get the trigger group from? I can't find a source on line, and have a 502 I would like to improve.
thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
User, I found it on ebay, of all places; I troll that site for Lee Loaders, odd peep sights, and knives for my collection, hoping that "America's fence" won't put me in possession of something that was kiped from a kindred spirit. I just put in "brno zh" or somesuch and up it popped; the party that posted it didn't know it was a set trigger, or at least didn't say so. Wish I could be more helpful!
windy