One of Us
posted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
of course you can!

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bird hunted all over the country with my drilings. I particularly like them in grizz country while grouse hunting so that I have a rifle barrel for extra fire-power. A drilling is the perfect one gun battery.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the sauer is the ideal gun for that type of situation.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I have killed quite a few pheasant, chuckar, and quail with my drillings; if they fit they hit, just like any other shotgun.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3811 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've broken lots of clays with my Zoli 12 over 6.5x57r even with a scope on it 1.5x5 on 1.5
This one is on the do not ever sell list.
Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooting clay pigeons with a big aperture sight on the rifle barrel is probably heresy, but works all right.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14362 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best I've done so far with my Brno BBF is 15 birds at trap; with the double 12 barrels, though, I can regularly shoot in the 20's. Has something to do with the sight picture, I think; the 12 under the 7x57R patterns well enough, but balances differently and doesn't point as well.
windy

Posts: 39 | Location: far from God's country | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote