THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Question About Gun International Sellers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question About Gun International Sellers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted
I have looked at a couple of Cape Guns over on the Guns International site. One is for sale by Vintage Doubles and the other by Double Gun HQ.

I have tried to contact them through the GI site and through their home pages to ask a specific question(s) on each cape gun. I have received no reply. Vintage Doubles says to order through their site and save $25.00 admin fee. I am concerned about any outfit that cannot respond to e-mails in over 3 weeks and I am pretty sure I don't want to trust them with money.

I am not trying to step on toes, but does anyone know these folks. Are they good guys and just busy or is there a history here I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
For Double Gun HQ try russ@canby.com Rus Gould is the guy there and I just exchanged emails last week. He said he was traveling.

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Dave

Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kirby Hoyt at Vintage Doubles has always been a pleasure to deal with. I have NEVER had any trouble with doing business with him. I would call him, thats how I always got a hold of him. He probably has been traveling to the big shows during January in Vegas and Texas. He is honest and has a great knowledge of double guns.

Posts: 80 | Location: Toronto, Ohio | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. Thanks.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had problems with both Guns International and Guns America actually forwarding my emails to the intended sellers. Try to figure out a way to contact them directly to make sure your emails are getting through.
Jerry

Posts: 219 | Location: North Fork, ID | Registered: 24 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with both of those guys without issues.
Kirby has been traveling to the shows in the last few weeks and I think Russ travels a lot too to auctions and shows as well.
I think they both have phone numbers on their sites. That has been the best way I have found to catch Kirby.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've both bought and sold on GI. I've spoken with and had emails with both sellers you mention. While I haven't bought anything from them, they have been responsive. As a certified seller, you are actually contacted both by email and phone, in addition to having an active credit card on file. The problem is usually in the email contact. I've had problems getting through to sellers and have been told the same from buyers. I'm not sure why that happens, because some folks get through right away sometimes and sometimes not.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I opened an account on gunsinternational the owner called me the next morning to verify information.

I did have a gentleman tell me he had tried to email me several times and never got a response, he found my information on my website and called me.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1468 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I opened an account on gunsinternational the owner called me the next morning to verify information.

David Powell is most conscientious about maintaining the integrity of his website. He's often call to verify the seller, and to introduce himself. Very well-run operation, best of all the gun websites, for sure. GI also seems to attract more knowledgeable buyers and perhaps those with more disposable income.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote