New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Old Noble Drilling
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw this, can't afford any more guns for a while, and got it as fast as my fingers could pound the keyboard.

It is a Nagel & Menz, Hofbuchesenmaker to Kaiser and King Strasbourg U Baden drilling from 1887 and bears a noble's crest.

It's 16ga and possibly 10.5X47R, and the bores are mirror.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More PIX

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did some research on the rifle round, if it is in fact the 10.5X47R. I can squeeze some brass out of 45-70 brass with a bit of work, I think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful gun. How do you select to fire the rifle barrel on a hammer gun?
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The right hammer is hinged, so it can be positioned over the rifle striker to the left of the shotgun one on this particular design. It's a simple way to select the barrel, but it requires delicate machining.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting and pretty clever. The firing pin angle on the rifle barrel must be pretty acute.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done. Congratulations.

Posts: 219 | Location: North Fork, ID | Registered: 24 May 2006Reply With Quote