New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on the Krieghoff Plus
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking at a secondhand one of these and wondering if there is a reason why they don't appear to sell quickly?

Are there any faults/ undesirable features on them that were fixed when they moved to the Optima range that one needs to be aware of?

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have never seen one sit on the shelf more than a week.

Your in Europe? Maybe it's because there are so many drillings there.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send a PM to Anders here on the forum. I think he is happy with his Plus (20g + 6,5x57R)

Posts: 116 | Location: Norway | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GBE:
Looking at a secondhand one of these and wondering if there is a reason why they don't appear to sell quickly?

Are there any faults/ undesirable features on them that were fixed when they moved to the Optima range that one needs to be aware of?

I don't know much about that one, but the Krighoff Ultra 20 looked pretty nice to me, except for the price...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found the reason, it's not steel proof in 12g thumbdown

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an Ultra 20 in 20/9.3X74R with a steel receiver and Thermostabil barrels (free floating). This is the only combo gun I have that doesn't have a wandering zero as it warms up. Alas I can't shoot it well because it is very right handed and I'm a southpaw.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote