The Accurate Reloading Forums
Angelo Zoli Combination Gun

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/335105333/m/5621025012

28 April 2015, 22:16
2Barrels
Angelo Zoli Combination Gun
Came across a combination gun similar to linked gun, below.

Zoli Combo Gun

The version I picked up is 12ga / 6.5x55 and looks to be unfired - like new in the box, with the box having seen some wear. Came with 3 screw in chokes. Very minor chip in the forend, but other than that, very clean and crisp. Don't know what I 'need' it for, but I couldn't pass on the price (estate sale).
29 April 2015, 18:11
Paul Tunkis
I have one, an Angelo Zoli, in 12ga over 222. It shoots well. I would check the chamber on the rifle bbl as the chamber on my 222 is quite rough and marks the brass in odd ways. May be effecting brass life, which seems rather short, neck cracking, could just be the Win brass though. I was able to get the rifle and shotgun to shoot same point of aim with low velocity slugs and 55gr bullets.

Scope mount. Valmet mounts seem to be around $300 or sometimes more,IF you can even find them, one reason for the low price on the gun I suspect. I have a Valmet mount on my gun, works fine, you might try some rings that fit on the grooves.

7x57R is a great caliber. I have an Antonio Zoli, fixed barrels, in 12ga over 7x57R which was regulated to 156gr 7mm at about 2650 (Norma ammo I'd guess) and Brenneke slugs, will group into 4 inches at 100yds shotgun and rifle rounds. Graf had some Hornady 7x57R ammo for sale at less than the price of Norma brass a while back, loaded with 162gr bullets, accuracy totally sucked but the brass is quite good.
29 April 2015, 19:21
loud-n-boomer
As an FYI, Angelo Zoli and Antonio Zoli are two entirely different and unrelated companies. The Angelo Zoli guns are looked at in Italy about like Savages here in the USA; economical and functional, but not high quality. The Antonio Zoli guns are viewed about like we in the USA view Remington and Winchester guns; reasonably well made and with decent aesthetics. This is not meant to detract from your gun, the Angelo Zoli combo guns are still decent for the price.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx
01 May 2015, 21:16
2Barrels
quote:
Scope mount. Valmet mounts seem to be around $300 or sometimes more,IF you can even find them, one reason for the low price on the gun I suspect. I have a Valmet mount on my gun, works fine, you might try some rings that fit on the grooves.

Seems to be the general conclusion from my continued search.
02 May 2015, 16:45
Wallyfish
There is a steel detachable mount on E-Bay that is pretty good quality. It is made for Baikal.
I have one on a Valmet barrel set. I had to modify the recoil lug from rectangle to half circle. The price was $168.
Air rifle rings with recoil pin also work for a lot less.
18 May 2015, 10:15
Bill Brady
Hi Guys
I have one of each a Antonio Zoli in 12G over 222 very nice side plates beautifully ingraved.And a Angelo Zoli in 12 G over 6.5x57R not as fancy but still very nicely ingraved and shoots better used it in Zim with success and taken Blacktail with it at home(it is on the do not sell list). Bill

DRSS