New
Find
Notify
Tools

The insides of a Sauer 3000 drilling
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend has just got a nice Sauer 3000 drilling. The selector is only selecting the rifle barrel, rather than the right shot barrel.

Does any body have pictures or diagram of the internal workings of one of these. For interest and no I am not proposing to offer to open it up.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure I understand your question. The selector on top of the tang is just to switch between the rifle barrel and the right shotgun barrel. Forward for rifle, rearward for right shotgun

Posts: 28 | Location: DFW | Registered: 03 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I've had mine apart but sorry I didn't think to take any photo's FYI it wasn't difficult to disassemble.
When you pull the selector back to select the shot barrel dose the rifle sight drop?

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a note from the owner and here is the problem;

It may help though if I specify the problem a bit more. The barel selector switch works fine going between right shotgun barrel and rifle barrel, which are both operated by the front trigger. The open sights flip up, the cocking indicators are where they should be. But when the shotgun barrel is selected, the trigger will not budge a micron. It's fine on the rifle barrel although the set option doesn't work, and the trigger pull adjustment screw is missing, which I suspect is at the root of the problem. I think it probably does more than just adjust the trigger weight.

He has however fond a German gunsmith here in the uk who understands Drillings and it's going across to him.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard,

Sounds to me like the trigger pin has worked itself loose inside the action and is only partially engagded.

Also the offending pin hole is most likely a tad oval at the end where it is being held in.

For someone who understands Drillings this should be an easy fix.

The set screw for the trigger shouldn't be too much of an issue to replace either.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote