New
Find
Notify
Tools

First one
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been thinking about a 'combo' gun for a while. I was looking at the Savage but really did not like the plastic stock.

After a little research, I decided to buy a Chiappa .22 LR/20 Ga. I am going to use it for grouse when I unintentionally run into them when I am driving around in the hills.

I had to order it so I will be waiting for a week or two.

Have any of you had experience with Chiappa?

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
ive been curious also... but only about their chamber inserts for other calibers... even tho it's simple, I don't care for the double triggers... ive owned quite a few of the savage 24's... 222/20 ga, 22lr/410, 30-30/20, and several 22 hornet/20 ga... various grades... priced from 150$ up... ill keep a 22/410 and the hornet/20 ga... good luck with yours!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy my Double Badgers, and I'm hoping for a third--the 410/243, when it finally hits the shelves. My 22LR/410 carries nice and is regulated well, my 2nd-hand 22LR/20ga is heavier and less well regulated--so much so, I'm tempted to bend a barrel. I suspect the 410/243 will be carried in the field much more often than my Brno 7x57R/12ga or my Hollenbeck 12x12/32-40, simply because of the weight factor--I'm getting too old and feeble to pack a 10-pound firearm as far as I want to ramble. To enhance the 410, I've taken to loading my own 3" 410's with 3/4oz of 4's, 5's, 6's, 7-1/2's, 8's (for 16-yard trap), or Bismuth for puddle-jumping. Good luck with the DB, it's a fun little combo!
windy

Posts: 39 | Location: far from God's country | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:

Have any of you had experience with Chiappa?

Not yet. If they offer a 243/20 gauge I will be sorely tempted. I wrote to Savage 25 years ago about that and they said no. I got a Savage 24V rebored for 6x45mm and let it go at that. It's been a good hunting gun, planned as a 200-yard piece for medium game and birds. The Chiappa looks nice, for the money.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Took it out for a quick test shoot and I am very happy.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote