THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Looking for Custom Shell/Cartridge holder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Custom Shell/Cartridge holder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi All,

I have a 16 ga X 222 Rem combination gun that I like for predator calling, I have not been able to find a holder that fits a 16 ga. shell and a 222 cartridge! I would like to find someone that would make a butt-stock holder for two 16ga shotgun shells and two 222 cartridges.

Any help will be very much appreciated,
Thanks,
Marcos (elalto)

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with.
https://www.diamonddcustomleat...ns/rifle-accessories
Does nice work

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, most butt stock holders are made for 12ga. and/or larger rifle rounds. However; if you would be happy with a nylon pack there are lots of options. Get a 12ga carry pack with a zipper pocket. Get a large heavy needle and some carpet thread and modify it. This is what I did for my 222 combi. The 12ga sleeves can be cut in half with a seam that will hold a 222. The 12ga sleeves can be reduced in size by running a seam down one side reducing it to 16ga size.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AKAH in Germany makes folding wallet style holders for shotgun and rifle cartridges. I’ll be importing some in the new year. I’ll post them on here. PM me if you’d like something specific. I’ll see if I can post a catalog sheet here in the meantime.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got it done!!!

I found a holder online, all leather, made for 16/12 ga. shot shells. I got it and converted the two middle slots into four 222 holders. I think it looks OK and will serve my purpose perfectly.

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote