THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Where can I find forearms irons for drillings?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I find forearms irons for drillings?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to make a forearm for a really nice drilling I got that has no iron or Anson and Deely type latch. Is ther a source for these parts or do I get out the file and go to work? Thanks, moodyholler

moodyhollerz@gmail dot com

Posts: 107 | Location: Blue Ridge, Va | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to give New England Custom Guns a call, likewise Drilling Hotline or some of the others who deal in Drillings over there in US.

Or try these chaps - they do the rough forgings for A&D latches https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24069/Forgings/ albeit out of stock at present. Or find an old double shotgun and canabilise the parts.

But you might be just as well forging and the filing the parts if you have the skill sets.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Dale Nygaard...he might have an idea.

dln@lakedalelink.net

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, moodyholler

Posts: 107 | Location: Blue Ridge, Va | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
You might want to give New England Custom Guns a call, likewise Drilling Hotline or some of the others who deal in Drillings over there in US.

A while back I took my Greifelt 12/12/8X60R drilling to New England Custom Guns. They determined that the foreend had been replaced rather crudely at some point and fabricated both the metal and wood replacement. It now looks and functions like it just came from the factory.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You might also contact JJ Perodeau at Champlin Firearms in Enid Okla.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote