Find
Notify
Tools

JP Sauer Drilling 16x16x8/57IR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted
Thought it would be neat to go along with mdstewarts JP Sauer 12 to post a couple pics of the JP Sauer 16.

This older drilling I acquired a few years ago at a low price, so I had it worked on, replacing the old Hensoldt 4x scope with a S&B 6x42, reblued, recheckered, and cleaned up. This one shoots .318 196 gr RWS bullets very good, and has 16 guage shotgun barrels, with a barrel insert in the right barrel of 22 Mag. Also shoots mighty fine for a Drilling, I need to shoot it more Wink Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Sauer there Dom. I once owned a Sauer with the 16 ga barrels as well. Made for a very nice little quail gun. Hope you do get to use it more. Thanks for the pictures.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice drilling! tu2 I thank you for posting some photos for us. I always love seeing these fine guns.

I'll be using my Triebel drilling in 16/16/8X57IR next week for a cow elk hunt. It has the same type of Kreighoff insert.

I just recently got a left barrel insert that will go into my 1955 Sauer 3000 16ga/6.5X57R drilling.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very cool shooting machine you have there - OK, I am biased as my baby is the same crittur, but in 7x57R.

Now she lives in a lovely fitted case by Negrini of Italy. Well, a lady deserves somewhere classy to stay when not out working! Smiler

Mobile phone for size comparison.

What she does best...... Smiler

Rgds from England!

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote