THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Price check Colt Sauer Mod 3000 12x12 / 243
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price check Colt Sauer Mod 3000 12x12 / 243
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have the opportunity to buy a Colt Sauer Model 3000 Drilling in 12x12 / 243 cal. The gun appears in very good shape. I'm going to say 90-95% Its been shot but no signs of being "hunted" no dings, some pressure marks, overall very nice gun. It's part of an estate and the "Value" is listed at $3,000. Is that fair, high, low? Any idea what to pay for something like this

Any help is appreciated.

Posts: 123 | Location: Vero Beach, FL | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds more than fair to me!
Been looking for a good drilling for some time, and most start in the 3500.00(cdn) range for a plain-jane model.
IIRC, the 3000 is fairly well engraved. Never seen one with "exhibition" grade wood, but they normally dont worry about the stock cracking either.

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.. I placed the same question in the classified section (thinking I might get more exposure) and got much the same replies.

Regards,
Jose

Posts: 123 | Location: Vero Beach, FL | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcvsbt:
I have the opportunity to buy a Colt Sauer Model 3000 Drilling in 12x12 / 243 cal. The gun appears in very good shape. I'm going to say 90-95% Its been shot but no signs of being "hunted" no dings, some pressure marks, overall very nice gun. It's part of an estate and the "Value" is listed at $3,000. Is that fair, high, low? Any idea what to pay for something like this

Any help is appreciated.

I bought one new back in 1963 and it was $1600 usd back then, so I think if the gun is in very good shape it is well worth $3K us IMO!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMHO that is an Excellent price for that drilling.
The Sauer 3000, is the same "gun" as the Colt Drilling, and the same as the Weatherby Drilling.
The wife and I each have a Sauer 3000 Drilling in 12x12x30/06. with scopes in QD Claw mounts.
They are most excellent guns. They handle like a premier side by side shotgun. Their rifle barrel is very accurate.
It is my wife's most favorite hunting gun.
It is one of my most favorite hunting guns.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote