New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.7 x 60R cartridge?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me what I can use to form the for my rifle? Bore slugs .314 diameter. COTW 10th does not list it. Thanks in advance, moodyholler

Posts: 107 | Location: Blue Ridge, Va | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Possible that what you have is the 8x60 Mauser cartridge. Common on older German guns to see bore rather than groove diameter listed.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
It's a rare old round. I think by Collath but I'm not sure. Here is a site that will give you the dimensions:

http://www.tiropratico.com/amm...n/pagine/77x60R.html

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grenadier, that is the measurements that my fired cases match to. Thanks a bunch. Any idea of a modern case to make usable cases from? I thank you for your input. And thanks to you Ron Vella too. Later, moodyholler

Posts: 107 | Location: Blue Ridge, Va | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
8x60R brass is available through Midway under product #390597 at approx. $45 per box of 20

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
also see European sporting cartridges by Dixon for info on this great old cartridge. I have a Mauser rifle in this grand old cartrideg and several boxes of original RWS & DWM & Norma in both rimmed & rimless

M4220

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you may also want to search 8x60 & uncheck the box that say's this forum only as there has been quite a bit of discussion about this cartridge.
PM me if I can be of any other assistance.

M4220