Find
Notify
Tools

"The Charger" Drilling
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
"The Charger"

A drillings with three rifle barrels. The top two are .375 H&H. and the bottom barrel is a .22 Rimfire. The idea is that you stalk the dangerous game as close as possible then you catch their eyesight. Then you fire the .22 at them. This will obviously not kill the animal but rather irritate it and hopefully cause it to charge. That is when you open with the two .375 barrels and hopefully stop the animal before it kills you! It is a far-fetched idea but it would be awesome and Mark Sullivan would love it anyway.
I suppose the gun would be too heavy as well.

An idea for the safety catch is one like an over under shotgun.

On the safety catch the two red dots mean the two .375 barrels and flick it onto the one dot for the .22. This would make the rifle single trigger.
Or a different design would be a double trigger with a normal safety catch. The front trigger would be the bottom barrel and the second trigger for the top two barrels.

I would love to hear anyone’s thoughts on the gun and any improvements!

Regards, S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...9pI&feature=youtu.be

"Where is an elephant's sexual organs? on its feet because if it steps on you you're fu*ked"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidney Hiscox:
A drillings with three rifle barrels. The top two are .375 H&H. and the bottom barrel is a .22 Rimfire. The idea is that you stalk the dangerous game as close as possible then you catch their eyesight. Then you fire the .22 at them. This will obviously not kill the animal but rather irritate it and hopefully cause it to charge. That is when you open with the two .375 barrels and hopefully stop the animal before it kills you! I would love to hear anyone’s thoughts on the gun and any improvements!

All it needs now is a GPS interlock that prevents any of the barrels from firing anywhere in Africa, Northern Russia, Greenland, Canada, Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please go ahead and explore this concept,

have one built and go hunting with it,

I´ll be the first to nominate you for the Darwin award if you return, othervise I´ll send flower for your grave.

/Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
That safety is too complicated. bewildered

Just put 3 triggers on the rifle. thumb animal sofa

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had it made, and it was amazing.

shot a hippo with the .22 and it went mental then finished it off with one barrel.

only joking but i did have a dream about that once. can't afford to get it made at the moment.

killpc

Regards, S.

"Where is an elephant's sexual organs? on its feet because if it steps on you you're fu*ked"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the .375 barrels should be on the front trigger, since they're what you would need fast, in a tight spot.

you're not seriously building this rifle i hope?

my idea for improvement?
top barrels should be 20ga 76mm chamber, and 7x57R in the lower barrel.

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like a friends mother used to say,"A fool & his money is soon parted".

Regards, Byron

Posts: 104 | Location: Alaska & Florida  | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i am an avid hunter and i will get this made but i wont use it. i collect firearms and shotguns and this would be one to add to the collection.

i wouldn't dream of using it but i would love to hear ideas on improving the design

Regards, S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The perfect suicide for snobs.

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Mathelon would build a triple barrel in 375...forget the pea shooter....sure it would be less $$$$ than Hofer
http://www.mathelon-armes.com/repertoire/mxt.html

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
These have been around the last 20 or so years. I handeled one in Hauptmanns shop in Ferlach back in 96, I don't know if there would be enough room to regulate three .375 barrels on this action but I have seen them with 3 8mm barrels.

Any of the Ferlach gun makers could build a gun on this reciver but I agree with JonP the French gun would surely be much cheaper.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote