New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simson 90's First Blood
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Owen and I hit our grouse spot one last time for the year and will now let it rest, so there'll be a good bird carry over for next season. We got our two-bird limits.

The Simson 90 drilling in 12ga and 7X65R proves to be a good upland gun with the top tang safety and a decent weight for a bigger drilling.

JENNY GAVE OWEN A "THANK YOU" KISS. Big Grin

HEAVY TWO-BIRD BAG LIMIT.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
L-2-S,

Waidmannsheil, Buddy.

If you'll ditch those Blue Jeans and wear something in Olive Drab colored next time; you'll fit the Teutonic style perfect.

Everyone, including the Dogs appears to be a sorta "perfect day"; way to go.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pics and the best part is to see a young man being brought into the shooting sports...with a big ear to ear grin. The scenery...georgeous!!!...birds in the bag...fantastic!!!...but I'm pretty sure just to be afield with Owen was ... priceless!!!

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerry...the olive drabs were in the truck as spares, but they're lighter than the jeans, and the briars and wild rose bushes are so thick and mean to get through I opted for heavier cloth pants.

JonP...Owen is convinced his grandad walks on water, and I've done nothing to dispel the myth. Big Grin

He is such a great kid and my only grandson. I tend to tear up just looking at the photos.

Here is how I started with my dad: 20ga Savage single shot 220. Owen had to have the same gun.

Young Grandad Wink

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and the briars and wild rose bushes are so thick and mean to get through I opted for heavier cloth pants

Prior to "wonder fabrics"; when I was stationed in Arizona sewed & rivited a cut-up plastic tablecloth onto the pantlegs of a set Blue Jean bibs (they weren't very flexible) - know the drill.

The photos are wonderful; (we're aging ourselves) I also have a photo with the famous string/rope stretch trick of Ducks strung out between myelf & my son, too.

Wirehairs or Poodlepointers?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Griffons...

My late dad brought the first ones west of the Mississippi with Col. John Rogers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wirehairs or Poodlepointers?

I knew when I asked that I wasn't quite on the mark; Yes ..... Griffons, I see it now.

Too Cool.

Cheers,

Number 10