THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Steel proofed shotgun BBLs on a Combo Gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steel proofed shotgun BBLs on a Combo Gun?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Aside from Blaser, does anyone know of a manufacturer who can supply steel proofed BBLs on, say, a Drilling?
With the push for non-toxic shot, and the price of bismuth, Steel proofed BBLs would go a long way to making a BBF or Drilling more useful here in OZ.
I have a 95BBF with the steel proofed BBL, but, lets face it, it really is a single shot shotgun, on waterfowl. I'd really like to find a double shotgun/single rifle, Drilling which can handle steel.
Anyone know of such a gun?

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think some of Krieghoff's guns are rated for steel.
However I hate steel, Bismuth works much better. My wife and I have had excellent luck with 2 3/4" shells in her drilling on ducks.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed, I prefer Bismuth too, but at $65AUD per 25, compared to steel at $12 AUD per 25, it starts to add up after a while.
Also Bismuth doesn't appear to be imported into OZ anymore (possibly due to cost) but you can buy steel anywhere.

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote