THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Is any of these combination guns in production?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is any of these combination guns in production?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please identify break-open over/under combination guns whose metal is corrosion resistant -- that is, stainless steels, stainless steels-and-aluminum, other.

Who beside Blaser currently manufactures non-self-cocking combination guns -- that is, exposed hammer(s), lever-cocking, selector switch cocking, other.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Historicly there have been drillings and bbf's with with aluminium recivers for decades.

The early ones were just all alluminium and were not very strong.

The Blaser and Merkel use the Franz Jeager system that incorperates a steel block that the barrel locks into and the alluminium reciver hauses that block giving you the best of both worlds.

Other than the two makers mentioned above Sauer at one tim produced a drilling and maybe a BBF with alluminium recivers but not in years. I belive Kriegoff still produces models with Alluminium recivers but I'm not sure I haven't kept up on that because they never appealed to me.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to a Kreghoff that comes optional steelor Alluminium.

http://www.krieghoff.com/index...ew&id=172&Itemid=139

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ones with special Bohler steels and Dural receivers... Wink

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The good drillings with dural receivers (Sauer, Krieghoff etc.) had steel pivots etc where the waer occurred. I've never seen one that was loose from wear. Heym also made receivers out of a brass alloy that was suposedly pretty strong. I talked with a man who had worked for Heym and he was high on it.
Greg

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote