The Accurate Reloading Forums
Leather quiver for scope storage

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/335105333/m/2651094881

30 April 2013, 00:22
Muntjac
Leather quiver for scope storage
Anyone know of a good webshop where I can buy a leaher quiver to keep my drlling scope in, when I am not using it? Planning to use my drilling as a shotgun fow walked up shooting, with a scope handy in my pack. Never know when that capercaillie will be sitting there, waiting at a 100meters atop a spruce tree :-)

Can't find anything on google :-(
30 April 2013, 00:47
505G
2nd hand one's are hard to find.

I use this when travelling so you might be able to get away with it.

I use Cardboard postal tubes (the one's posters come in or you send through the mail) and just cut to size and lines with a good, soft rag and then wrap scope in bubble wrap).

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !
04 May 2013, 17:16
GBE
Have you tried Frankonia, Triebel or AllJagd?

Frankonia stock them in three lengths, 32, 35 & 41 cm

http://www.frankonia.de/201555...7&navCategoryId=6733

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist
04 May 2013, 20:51
Lawdog
$95 at
http://www.traderkeith.com/

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain
08 May 2013, 01:27
McKay
I have seen the trader keith ones and they are nice. Just wish they would make them in more sizes.

Mac

08 May 2013, 20:16
pigmaster
A decent saddlemaker could make you one, lined with soft leather, a flaptop and a belt loop. A lot faster than messing about with one in a backpack.

If budget is tight, an Uncle Mike's holster model
"R 8154-1 S&W 500/460 w/8 - 8 3/4"" bbl would probably work for any scope up to 13" OAL and have room for the claw mounts.

They are inexpensive, well padded and ballistic nylon. Not a high "cool factor" but it's like the choice between a woman who enjoys sex and can cook rather than a one who just looks good.
09 May 2013, 02:04
Muntjac
Hey,

Thanks for the tips, on shops, potential producers and women. I like the frankonia and traderkeith ones, as for women I already have a model I like.

A belt hung quiver could be an idea, but I do think it would be a bit annoying in the long run. Our walked up shooting involves a lot more walking than up, and always involves carrying a backpack anyway.

A friend of mine lost a 1500usd zeiss while hunting with his drilling unscoped. He may be still looking for it...

:-)
28 June 2013, 12:38
IanF
Muntjac - are you still looking for one?

I was clearing out a gun-room and came across one that I bought for my own Drilling.

Edited: Just seen the price from Frankonia - for that amount, you should buy new!

Rgds

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........
21 December 2013, 07:22
bro.steve
picking up the thread WAY late, but I ordered a quiver online just googling up the terms, made in india for about $30 plus shipping...
21 December 2013, 18:28
Muntjac
Thanks, but Gerry here on the forum went far out of his way to pick up two quivers in Germany and send me. They have served me well already, and one helped me get a quick shot off at a reindeer while walking up grouse.

What is the link to the Indian producer?
23 December 2013, 09:00
bro.steve
I don't remember...have slept since then, but I googled it up and there it was. Try different terms for it, particularly German verbage. It was unlined leather and smelled like a baseball glove--what an aroma. Good luck...Steve
15 January 2014, 04:01
JDA-CO
I have a scope quiver that I got as part of a gun deal several years ago. PM me if you still need one.

JDA

The AV8R's
28 February 2014, 00:28
Vol717
I made a prototype quiver out of heavy felt material that is used for trunk liners on luxury cars, thinking I would then make one out of leather. I like the felt just as well as a leather one and they are cheap to make. I wouldn't want this as the only protection of a scope for shipping, but for tucking in my hunting coat, it's all I need. I sewed a little patch of Velcro on it to seal it, but I'm thinking that a tie string sewn on at the same place of the velcro would be low tech and more traditional. This certainly could also be made of flexible leather.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two
11 March 2014, 12:45
Gerry
Creative .... and functional.

What more can you ask?

Cheers,

Number 10
13 March 2014, 03:22
igorrock
I made this for my friend:

www.promaakari.wordpress.com/