Find
Notify
Tools

scope rings for older Krieghoff
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted
Any idea where I can get a set? I modified a set of CZ 527 rings to work but would like original type.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you say "older Krieghoff", do you mean a pre-War Sempert und Krieghoff? If so, you are talking about the S&K Aufschubmontage, which features tapered dovetail bases set into the rib.

My understanding is that the rings for these bases were hand fitted, so that rings made for one set of bases would not necessarily fit bases for another weapon. I have never seen such rings for sale. I know of a gunsmith in Germany who is able to fabricate the rings, but I suspect that he would need access to the bases to fit them properly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were indeed hand fitted to each gun and seldom interchange.

Lee LeBaas has fitted some used ones to other guns, but I think he's out of the rings sets. They also can be for MANY various scope configurations...another fly in the ointment.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of rings from AKAH in Germany. They had to be fitted to the Kreighoff dovetail base on my drilling, but they were the best fit available.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2139 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I used a set of CZ 527 rings with a slight modification to scope this drilling. Seems to be working fine. I had to shim the rear ring as the rear base is a bit more narrow than the front (about 2mm). Once I had the thickness right it lined up properly with no windage adjustment needed. Makes this a more usable gun for my diminishing vision.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just the other day I saw a gun with Kreighoff bases. The owner has milled the wide part of the base down enough to accept Talley quick release rings. There was a shoulder on the front that acted as a recoil stop. Pretty neat and it did return to zero, according to the owner.

Posts: 2139 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible for someone to post a picture of these bases and the correct bases for them?
Thanks to all you guys who ask these questions and offer answers. I learn a lot here.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neither Recknagel nor EAW makes a mount that will fit the old Krieghoff base. I have asked Krieghoff and they can't provide any. I don't even know what the mount looks like. The mount I obtained from AKAH had just a smidgin of clearance between the base and the mount. A lever on the mount tightened a screw against a captured nut in the mount that permitted the mount to be squeezed down enough to clamp onto the base. It worked well on my drilling. I sold that gun some years ago and the mount went with it. Come to think of it, I have an AKAH mount on a tiny 22mm Kahles scope. I'll post a photo to show what that looks like.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a scope for sale on Gunbroker that has what looks like mounts for Krieghoff bases. It isn't my auction, just noticed it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=399471774

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think those mounts fit a grooved receiver, like a .22 rf. I have a similarly designed mount and that is what it fits.

I believe these http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=4919489
would be a more likely fit.

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Front base and rear base are different width on my gun. Most of what I was able to find on internet showed both front & rear mounts to be same width. I am satisfied with my setup, it isn't factory but it's alot older than I am too.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JJ made up my second set of rings for my old Krieghoff, (to fit the original bases)

I had the first set made up long ago in Germany...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
My bases are different than what you have pictured.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right. The ones above are Suhler type claw mounts, probably AKAH origin.

The older Kreighoff had a semi-flat and very low front and rear base that rings with levers clamped onto. They were very thin bases and trim.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote