Find
Notify
Tools

.22 Hornet Insert for 9.3x74R barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I am looking for a .22 Hornet Insert for 9.3x74R barrel for my drilling. I know that there is a manufacturer in Germany. Anyone have a lead on who they are, and how I can get one of their inserts?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3811 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.lothar-walther.de

You can find more insert barrels for shotguns than rifle.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Are you familiar with these guys; K&S - http://www.einstecklauf.de?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3811 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Krieghoff USA uses K&S inserts exclusively. I think that K&S are one of the best, and the most expensive. I am buying an insert from Zimmerman for my cape gun to convert it into a double rifle in 8X57IR.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with Zimmerman. Are they a manufacturer or an importer? I have also considered buying a 9.3x74R insert for my left shotgun barrel so that I can use the gun as a double rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not familiar with Zimmerman. Are they a manufacturer or an importer?

http://www.zimmermann-ohg-der-...pezialist.de/44.html

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two Zimmermann ESTL and they are very well made and accurate. They are heavier than K&S units and I think for that reason not as popular.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
Who sells the K&S inserts in the US?

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Sullivan:
Who sells the K&S inserts in the US?

Yes Please. I'd be interested too.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I got a quote for the .22 Hornet insert; 1250.00 Euros, plus the cost to fit it to my gun. At the insert cost, I am now looking at the cost to just buy another drilling with a .22 caliber rifle barrel. However, I did find a 9.3x74R insert for my 16-gauge barrel for $850.00.