Find
Notify
Tools

Drilling Gunsmith?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I took my Merkel 96 (one of the new ones with the combination safety/barrel selector and striker-fire rifle barrel) out to shoot yesterday, and was getting light primer strikes resulting in failures to fire on the rifle barrel and left shotgun barrel. I suspect that the action just needs a good cleaning and lubrication. Do you guys have a recommendation for a gunsmith who knows Merkel drillings?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can recommend J J Peradeau and PISCO (Ken Brooks). I've had work done by both. Good work by both. They are in demand, so it will take some time.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
If it is a new gun, why don't you send it back to Merkel?

They have Ferlach or Suhl gunsmiths that work at the headquarters here in America.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply send it to Herbert at Steyr Arms in Alabama and they'll fix it under warranty. The number is 205-417-8644.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Thank you, MD.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote