New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hunter's Drilling
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I decided I need a great hunter more than a looker and sent off the la$t of my meager fund$.

This Simson 90 in 12ga 2 3/4" and 7X65R with 4X Zeiss Jena #4 ret. on swing mounts will be on its way here soon. I only bought it because I've had three boxes of factory ammo and four of once-fired empties in the closet, going to waste. Whistling

The butt stock needs a little clean up cosmetically, but the metal is perfect, and the wood is completely sound. This will get used as my primary hunting rifle during overlapping deer/bird seasons.

The wood needs refinished, but the metal is excellent.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn it man, face up to it - the first step is to recognise you have a problem!

'Hi, my name is L2S & I am an addict'

Smiler Smiler Smiler

Rgds

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new drilling...but IanF is right...I think an intervention is in order...I'll keep the gun for you Smiler

I like that model with the safety on the wrist...just wish it came in a dural frame for carrying on those long small game hunts.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good to me! I really like the 7x65R cartridge too...

How much does it weigh??

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A scoped Drilling in those calibres would be hard to beat...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DM

It weighs about 7.5 pounds, sans scope.

No 2...

You were right. I do miss my Sauer 3000 12ga/30-06 drilling, so I am getting another.

Ian...

What can I say?? But, NO interventions. nilly

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a really good find. 7x65r does everything you need from a rifle short of a 375 h&h, and with the 12 good to go on any flying game, and with slugs a good follow up on big game. Enjoy.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing the new addition. We need to get out and chase something.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3811 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We sure do. I got rid of the shotgun I couldn't hit with and turned into a drilling I can shoot.

The chuckar population is dismal again, so you need to come up with a quail haunt. Wink