Mixed Bag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
North Dakota ..October 2013...birds were taken without the scope Smiler

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW! Every hunter's dream: good dog, good gun, good game. Congrats!

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As good as it gets!
Thanks for posting.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a great day - and perfect validation for your decision to go Drilling in hand!

Enjoy many more - mine is due an outing shortly.

With Does moving early, birds enjoying the warmth of a winter day & pigeons returning to roost - could be a similar bag taken on this side of the pond! Smiler

Rgds

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon,

I like everything about that picture. Great looking companion as well. Good breed for pheasants. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the dog!

Posts: 20069 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That dog is the best I have had in a while...does it and looks good doin' it...if I can brag a bit

www.vonargos.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That coyote really has a bright coat. Ours don't have quite that much color in Texas...Steve

Posts: 10 | Location: dallas, tx. | Registered: 15 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was the easiest dog to shot I have ever seen...although I don't have a great deal of experience at this. 20 minutes after I started calling, he showed up and sat on a knob a little over 200 yds away. I am SURE this dog saw me, because he was off to the side and I had to reposition to take the shot. Sat right there looking in my direction. I think curiosity got the better of him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Love the dog!

What he said!! ^

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is no better or more universal weapon than good combo gun such as drilling,u dont need another gn for every ocassion,drilling can do it all, yes all,is it ideal,yes it is,if was drilling sold for a price of a average fctory rifle everyone would own one, nd now on many hunting forums u can hear ,,,, it is too expensive, its havy its short range,but lets put amount work in drilling,those weapons are for eficinados and clasicc people not for a butchers on 1 mile targeting animals
upps

Posts: 139 | Location: Canada | Registered: 08 May 2011Reply With Quote