Find
Notify
Tools

Starving rebels eat lion from a Damascus zoo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/...t/article3935102.ece

"Starving Syrian rebels besieged in Damascus suburbs signalled their desperation yesterday by killing and eating a zoo’s lion.

Pictures of men butchering the visibly emaciated animal, said to have been taken from the Al-Qarya al-Shama Zoo, were widely disseminated on websites sympathetic to the rebels, although their authenticity could not be independently verified........"

Posts: 1223 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turnabout seems only fair, Lions have been eating them for millenia,..

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cat, the other white meat...

But is Lion Haram?

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zoo predators tend to suffer from trichinosis acquired by eating sewer rats. Happened in some German cities in 1945, people died when eating killed bear and such.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many videos circulate showing Syrians catching, killing and boiling cats. Looks like cats are quite fat with all these rats now that pest control is not on the priority list.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've eaten many a lynx here,,I don't know if a rat eating lion would be high on our list of priorities!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post