Notify
Tools

here's why its a problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I watched this video today,

http://forums.accuratereloadin...0101804/m/3231017851

Good stuff, good shooting. Here's why we will loose the war with the antis after we loose lions. This video is clearly what it is. Nothing wrong and I am sure conducted fair chase within all laws of Zim. HOWEVER.....WHEN, NOT IF the opposition see's it it will appear as the hunter killed the mother of two adolescent jumbo's. The sales job will be easy on this one.

My consistent battle cry....FUCK EM!!!! no negotiating.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

Posts: 5179 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brad, you see what I mean, don't you?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

We do not have a chance. Even on AR we have posters who think hunting elephant is wrong.

22WRF
one of us
Posted July 10, 2011 13:56 Hide Post
In my opinion not much different from shooting elephants. both should be hung.

Posts: 2950 | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

WE...are a dying breed, we are relics, we are the adventurers. We willingly put ourselves in harms way, stand before beasts that can kill us easily if anything goes askew. But we do it year in and year out. We may, to quote another member "pick fly shit out of pepper" occasionally but we, for the most part stand shoulder to shoulder.

Our selection of cartridges may differ, our rifles may be different, but in the end, most of us would give one another the collective shirts off our backs.

I fear our passion is in hospice, life support. No fault of the LCTF or any other fringe or mainstream conservation group. We are victims of civilization, progress and moral decay as a society, for we were the hunter gatherers, the providers and we have become obsolete in todays "civil society".

I am one of the lucky ones, I have completed the big 5 nearly twice. I feel for a new international hunter, it may now be financially nearly impossible.

I pray for our sport.....and the demise of our foes. If we are at the mercy or how we interact on an internet forum....it's too late.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunters in general, regardless of the species they hunt, are an endangered species.

Each and everyone one of us needs to put the dividing parameters aside, the anti's are against ALL OF US and are not singly out lion hunters or elephant hunters specifically, except for the fact that the anti's have recognised that tro gain their goals, they have to start with species that stir strong emotions in the ordinary citizen.

As I have said before, first it will be the lions, then elephants and then on down the list and it does not matter one bit how much factual data is presented or by whom it is presented, They Want ALL hunting Stopped And Do Not Care If It Means The Extinction Of The Species In Question.

The extinction or survival of a species is not impoirtant to the anti's, stopping hunting is ALL they care about,. consequenses be damned.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The extinction or survival of a species is not impoirtant to the anti's, stopping hunting is ALL they care about,. consequenses be damned.

Try to think of it this way: When the Obama depression puts enough city people out of work, there will be a return to the country and to subsistence farming (with hunting and trapping for meat), just as so many poor rural Texans did in the 1930s. We will be far better prepared to survive than the antis. They will starve!

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Steve here.

I had the same reaction when Todd first posted the link in the double rifle forum and I viewed the video. All the antis will see is a cow being killed in front of her two calves and they will make a lot of hay from a video such as this, but screw 'em. I will also say that I have no problem with it, I have shot whitetail does in the past who were accompanied by older fawns that were clearly able to fend for themselves and I probably would not post a video of it because anyone who is not a hunter wouldn't understand but I did nothing wrong. But then again the crazy antis don't comprehend the killing of any animal.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post